6 month course more like 14 month course

First let me say that this is not a criticism of the course. I love the course and have no doubt that if I was able to follow it as written I would be comfortably speaking Welsh by now. However, as happens to many people, life got in the way and I ended up stopping. I was so close to the end. I made it to week 22. That said, I wasn’t doing the listening practices as recommended. I didn’t get my speaking practices in and haven’t recorded my short stories. I have written them though.

My question is how to best go about starting again. I stopped regular sessions in February when I had to flee Italy to Ireland to start a new job before the country shut down. Since then I have sporadically reviewed the material and feel pretty comfortable with level 1. Should I run through level 2 to catch up or are there specific challenges that I should do?

Any input is welcomed.

Diolch,
Breandán

2 Likes

IF it was me I’d try running through Level 2 again as it was intended - with all the listening and recording exercises. Also try and get involved with the Welsh Speaking Practice on the Slack app.

I’ll be you’ll be surprised how much you remember.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

Can you continue to access the 6 month course materials /audio etc after the 6 months have gone or is access removed (unlikely surely? I would really want to revise it all then. Anyone know?

I’m pretty sure if you are paying the £10 a month you get continued access to all three levels, however you are using the challenges. I think I’ve been paying my £10 for well over a year now (and it’s the best £10 a month i think I’ve ever spent!)

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, I’ve had the same thing happen to me! Good to hear I’m not alone!

1 Like

I also paused the course when I became overwhelmed.

Yeah, I am still paying the £10 a month and I agree it is a good value. I also hope that it is helping the SSiBorg create new languages.

I am sure we are not the only ones.
Here is a useful proverb I have heard - Fall down 7 times and get up 8.

It took me several falls to get conversational in my other language but I kept getting back up. For me it is not a race. Although, I would have liked to finish the course in 6 months it doesn’t bother me that I didn’t. I will be a confident Welsh speaker either this year or the next or even the one after that.

1 Like