2020 April Bwtcamp **Fully Booked!**

The same from me! A merry Christmas to all of you (despite Corona etc.) and all the best for 202! May we meet and speak Welsh! :slight_smile: I hope you all found a way to make something positive out of the strange way we will have to celebrate Christmas this year. We will have a Zoom Christmas this year in my family. Take care, Ingrid

1 Like

Dear fellow bwtcampers,

I was just wondering - now that life slowly starts to evolve again - if there are any news about “our” bwtcamp?

I must admit shamefully that I stopped doing my Welsh lessons about 11 months ago (it was just too much for my brain, there was too much else going on, between the pandemic, no work and moving to Wales due to Brexit). So, I live in Lampeter now (unfortunately not with Welsh speaking people).

About 2 weeks ago I decided to start my Welsh again. I had stopped last spring somewhere in beginning/ middle of level 2. I thought, maybe - just to get back into the swing of things - I listen to level one, lesson 10? :exploding_head: DIDN’T UNDERSTAND A WORD! :worried: Went back to lessen 5 - still confusion… lessen 2… that felt better… but REALLY - lesson 2??? I know, your brain is supposed to remember everything. I am just not sure my brain is aware of that expectation…

Anyway. If I have to start over again, I will … Dw’i eiseau siarad Cymraeg!

How does it look for you? And how does the planning situation look like on the SSI side (question for Iestyn or Deborah, I suppose). :slight_smile:

Hwyel, Ingrid

1 Like

Hi Ingrid, I was hoping for some news on future bwtcamps too. I’m guessing they’re still working everything out at HQ. Wishing you all the best with starting over I’m sure as you work through it gradually things will start clicking back into place. All the best hopefully we can bwtcamp soon. Caz

hello all! Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten you, promise :heart_eyes:

As you’ve guessed, we’re trying to work out what we can do, where and when for the rearranged Bootcamps given the current Covid-related restrictions. Things are starting to ease here in Wales, which is so hopeful, but we’re not yet quite there, unfortunately. As soon as things get to the point where Bootcamps are a possibility, we’ll be in touch with the details. And just to confirm, those of you who booked and paid for the 2020 Bootcamps will get first refusal, as promised.

I hope that helps reassure you, and hopefully it won’t be too much longer before we can make firmer plans! Take care, Stine

1 Like

Sorry, folks - some gloomy news over here:

Hmhh… does that mean that you don’t see any bwtcamps in 2022 either??? I’d be happy to wait… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somehow with all the Covid-mess I have stopped my Welsh lessons and had been hoping that a date for the bwtcamp sometime in the future would give me the badly needed kick to get myself going again…

I’m sorry we weren’t able to give you that extra nudge! Maybe if you commit to some speaking practice sessions in Welsh Speaking Practice (www.saysomethingin.com/wsp) that will help? :crossed_fingers:

2022 is just so hard to foresee at the moment, in terms of what the safety levels will be, what our staff availability will be, so I really don’t want to make any promises, I’m afraid :frowning:

Understood… any chance you could let me know when / if you start running bwtcamps again and give me a chance to re-book? - whenever that may be?

It was so difficult to get that booking in and I was so delighted to have made it (and so devastated that it didn’t take place). I felt like I had won the lottery and then someone snatched the pot of gold away again…

:slight_smile: Ingrid

2 Likes