2018 Tresaith Bwtcamp September 22-29 - <<Fully booked>>

Hello Philip, thank you so for much for the advice. Sorry about the delay in getting back to the thread. Life got a little hectic. At the moment I’ve decided to get to the first one they run in the new year. April? I’ve prepared my family!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

You are very welcome, glad to have been of assistance. :blush:

1 Like

Your welcome. You will love it whenever you do go.

1 Like

Yes! Thinking about it. Lots of revision to do but up for it I think.

1 Like

Interested, but it’s looking unlikely right now.

Like @penderyn I’d consider being on a back-up list to make up any shortfall.

I’m interested.

Right - I have just set up the booking page for the September Bwtcamp. It’s happening, folks!

In a rather neat new functionality on our booking site, I have been able to set a date and time for opening of the booking, which is this Friday, 3rd August at 9pm (that’s 21:00 hrs) BST.

It is first come first served, so make sure that you are there - last year’s bwtcamps, and April’s this year sold out in minutes, and as we didn’t have a bwtcamp in July, and there’s plenty of interest shown above, it may be the case this time as well.

Remember, the booking is non-refundable, so if you think there’s a chance of you not coming, please take out insurance to cover that eventuality. If you do have to cancel, we will always try to fill your place, and if we succeed, then we will pay you back.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a waiting list function available to us at the moment. If you are unfortunate enough to miss out on a spot, then you will need to post on this thread, so that if a place does become available, it can be offerend to you before being advertised more widely.

I’m excited already…!

Iestyn

BTW Our booking site is at https://bookwhen.com/ssiw, where you will see the booking link, and a date and time for booking to open. If it says 9.00 pm and you’re not in British Summer time, then you’ll have to convert the time for your timezone, however, I assume that it is clever enough to change the time to suit. If someone could confirm that, I’d be very grateful! Diolch

2 Likes

Having committed myself to firmly to Gogledd now, and booked for the Caernarfon party, I’m relegating my interest in this Tresaith bwtcamp to, (second to @penderyn, perhaps, last I noticed his intention), “only interested if you have not filled all places by crunch time” backstop. A little regretfully, but glad it is happening for some lovely peeps I know from 6mws…

Oh my gosh, I’m so excited! I’ve been checking a few times a day to see if this notice has gone up and now it has, I’m gutted there are only ten places as this means some of us are going to miss out.
Good luck everyone. x

2 Likes

Shwti, @aliC? That kind of infectious enthusiasm will take you (and your fellow bwtcampers) a long way through your language journey, so good luck with getting a place! I’d love to open more places, but much more than ten really does become a strain on beds, on the places we visit and just on general logistics. And unfortunately, that sometimes means that some people miss out each time.

And @lornarhodes - don’t worry! The party in Caernarfon will be a great event, and while you’ll miss the September 18 bwtcamp, there will be more next year!

3 Likes

So who’s booked a place on September Bwtcamp? I’m SO excited to have managed to book a place this time - can’t wait and looking forward to meeting you all!

3 Likes

Dwi’n dod a dwi’n moooooooooooor cyffrous!!!
I’m coming and I’m soooooooooooooooo excited!
… you’d never guess tho!!

3 Likes

Please add me to the reserve list. Diolch yn fawr i gyd. Gretta

1 Like

Well jealous!!! Xx

1 Like

Dw i’n dod a dw i’n mor cyffrous hefyd …

Dw i’n ychydig nerfus yn barod !!

Charlie

4 Likes

Bore da Bwtcampers!

You should all receive emails today which includes a couple of questions to start us off. Here are my answers:

My name is Iestyn, and I live with my wife Cat and our 4 (is it only 4?) children in Llandysul, Ceredigion. I was brought up in Gilfach Fargod, in the Rhymney Valley.

I want to speak Welsh because it is my first and native language, the language of my Welsh ancestors, and because my kids would find it a bit weird if I started speaking English with them…

I love singing. I’ve always sung to the kids since they were babies, and I was in a choir before the pressures of being a dad ate into that too much and I decided to give it a miss for a while.

One of my favourite things to do is to get up early (before 6 most mornings) and do an hour or more of stuff before anyone else turns up in my life. The world is particularly beautiful first thing in the morning, and when everyone else is asleep you can get so much done!

I’m looking forward to meeting you all - on the forum to start with, and “in the (Welsh speaking) flesh” very very soon!

Iestyn

7 Likes

Shwmae!
My name is Ali (Alison), I live in Llanelli with my youngest of three boys, Jordan, Patch the Jack Russell and Tess a rescued lurcher.
I work as a nurse advisor for the Welsh Ambulance Service.
I love my homeland with a passion. Our language brings people and communities together. It is so beautifully expressive. It seals our identity, it is priceless. We all must endeavour to be its keeper.
I love to be outdoors. Up until a few years ago I was a keen mountain walker but a problem with my hip has curbed this. I love animals, especially horses. I could sit for hours and just observe how groups of animals interact …people too.
Overall, in how I interact with people, I just like people to be nice to each other, show a little thought and be supportive.
I am really looking forward to Bwtcamp. I know it’s going to be mentally exhausting but I so want to be immersed in Welsh!
Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing in this venture. Lots of laughs are a must for me so let’s just aim to enjoy each other’s company and get as much out of the experience as we can, together.
Bye for now.

Ali x

Ps, just like Iestyn, I love to sing too but have never been part of a choir.

9 Likes

Shwmae!
My name is Lea and I’m from Germany. I’m planning to finish my degree at the beginning of next year and would then like to move again to the UK for my PhD – hopefully somewhere close to Wales.

Why do I want to speak Welsh? I don’t have any Welsh family and I’ve only been to Wales once before, but I immediately fell in love with the language and the culture and I thinks it’s important to keep it alive.
It started with a general linguistic interest, then I found SSiW and I listened to all available material in less than 3 months. I somehow feel a connection to the language and that I just have to learn it.

I study maths, so in my free time I enjoy doing something entirely different - I’m in two theatre groups at uni, so acting and also singing are two of my hobbies. I also spent a year in Scotland doing a performing arts foundation course.

I enjoy being out in nature, cycling or walking, or swimming in the lake/sea.

I’m really looking forward to Bwtcamp and meeting everyone! I’m a bit scared but also very excited :smiley:
See you all soon!

Lea

8 Likes

Shwmae Lea, looking forward to meeting you in person. :blush:

3 Likes