2017 Categories and Topics for 2017

Here are the SSiW Online Eisteddfod Categories and Rules 2017.pdf (362.1 KB)
for our SSiW Online Eisteddfod for 2017.

We will be accepting entries for the Eisteddfod between the 18th and 29th of September, so you have a good few weeks to work on them.

A new aspect of this year’s Eisteddfod is that we’ve split the traditional song category into two - a solo category and ‘more than one’ category. This category can be anything from a duet to a choir, so get together with a few friends and give it a go. There is a link in the Categories document to a website where you can purchase the sheet music, if you wish, and there are plenty of versions of the song - O Gymru - on YouTube for you to get an idea of how it should sound.

With all the Skype conversations that isolated SSiWers use to exercise their speaking skills, how about combining over Skype to sing together. I’m sure it’s possible, and wouldn’t it be fun to have an international group putting in an entry!

1 Like

Oops! I’ve added the link to purchase the sheet music to the Categories document, and uploaded the new version to the download link above.

1 Like

An eagle-eyed prospective participant has spotted a typo in the Categories Document. The title for the Post-Beginner Prose section should of course be “Fy ngobaith cyfrinachol” - my secret hope - not ‘nhobaith’ as it appeared with the typo :blush:

I’ve also added the link to Cerdd Ystwyth Music where the sheet music for the solo singing category - Tra Bo Dau can be purchased online.

Amended document here: SSiW Online Eisteddfod Categories and Rules 2017.pdf (362.6 KB)

2 Likes

Just a reminder of @Iestyn’s very handy tip

2 Likes