2016 How to submit your entries

It’s NOT time for entries to be submitted yet in the Online Eisteddfod 2016. That won’t be until submissions open on October 24th, but you will be reminded closer to the time.

Our Submissions Officer is @dafyddyfelin, and he has a special email account set up for you to send your entries to. Here’s all you need to know to get started:

Submitting your Eisteddfod Entries

Submissions should be submitted to Dafydd at eisteddfodentries@gmail.com and he will post them in the appropriate category. You can’t post them directly to the forum yourself.

Entries will be accepted between the 24th October and the 13th November.

Technical bit: text is best sent as an attachment to the email, visual material should be sent as a .jpg file or similar, sound or video should be uploaded by yourself to a third party site such as SoundCloud or YouTube and the link included in your email.

Info needed: please indicate with your entry

1. which category you are entering
  2. your forum name
  3. your real name (not for publication)
  4. your chosen ffugenw (the name that will show against your entry for voting)

If you don’t give a ffugenw, one will be allocated to you. Please don’t use ffugenwau from previous Eisteddfodau - you may be rumbled!

We’ve had some excellent entries in past years, let’s make this a vintage year.
There will be some prizes, but above all, it’s for fun so have a go and enjoy yourself!

And if you’ve been watching the calendar, you’ll know that we’ve gone past October 24th so we are NOW into the period where you can send in your entries. All the instructions are above, but if there’s anything you need to be clarified, post your question here for @dafyddyfelin - our Submissions Officer - to respond to you.

Best of luck everyone1

1 Like

Helo pawb

If you’ve not been hearing from me it may be because the spam filter on my mailbox has taken exception to SSiW messages for some reason. I’ve retrieved several from the spam box and will deal with them soon. I normally acknowledge entries as soon as I open them, even if I don’t get them uploaded on to the forum immediately. Can I suggest that, if you don’t get an acknowledgment from me within 48 hours, you should send me another message to make sure.

With regard to the closing date, although it is set for 13th November, in deference to our transatlantic members, the cutoff will actually be 5am GMT on the following morning so that they also have a final evening to compile that winning entry.

Let me know if you have any further queries

Hwyl

Dafydd

2 Likes

We’ve been having a lot of problems with that lately and @Kinetic has been looking into it. In the meantime, I suggest everyone keeps an eye on their Spam folder.

1 Like

I didn’t get the n/l this am on my ipad (gmail) but it was fine on my lap tap as usual. Thanks for the Eisteddfod mention. Now, sorry, your most annoying nuisance strikes again:
@dafyddyfelin Is a .wps file generated by Word an OK attachment to send? It’s the only way I know to ‘write’ text, other than on here or in e-mail!

Yes I should be able to cope with a wps file, but if you can just type it as an email that would be fine

I have sent an email with bad effort at poem typed. Please let me know if it is OK (I mean as an entry, I know it isn’t good poetry!). I can send it as a .wps file attachment if you prefer.

1 Like

@dafyddyfelin sorry, I’ve submited my entry but I was too quick to press send so the mail went out without subject, sent from KnightGhost1 gmail.

Thanks for understanding.
Tatjana

Helo pawb

I have posted all the entries that I appear to have received (including those I found in the spam box - such an insult!). If anything is missing, please let me know soon.

Have a browse around and enjoy the entries - there is some excellent work as ever.

I’ll be setting up the voting soon and then you can choose your favourites.

Hwyl

Dafydd

1 Like

Just a thought - I wonder if it would generate more votes to have a ‘How to vote in the SSiW Eisteddfod’ thread with links to each individual polling thread? :heart:

1 Like

Pleas do!

I’ve changed the title of Dafydd’s thread on voting to say ‘How to vote for the winners’ but I think the categories are pretty obvious once someone is in the Eisteddfod section.

To entice those who don’t usually come on the forum much to come and have a look I’ve just sent out a special SSiW email with the suggested direct links to each category. Hopefully that will generate a bit more interest, and I’ll promote it again in next week’s regular email to chase up the stragglers.

2 Likes