2016 Eisteddfod Sponsors

We’re seeking shops, businesses, or generous folks who wish to sponsor a prize for one of our winners in exchange for eternal gratitude and a mention in our weekly newsletter.

If you’re interested, please shout here and the Gorsedd will be in touch!

2 Likes

One of our most steadfast sponsors over the years has been Becca at The Welsh Gift Shop. These calendars have come in a little late for overseas Christmas gifts, but I just wanted to share them with people here on the forum in case you’re looking for a lovely bilingual calendar for 2017

https://welshgiftshop.com/collections/welsh-gifts-for-christmas/products/calendar-2017-discover-cyrmu-discovercymru

Thanks for your support, Becca!

1 Like

What form would the ‘sponsor a prize’ take - cash or providing something as the prize?

Sponsors usually provide a prize of some sort in exchange for having their website included in the weekly newsletter and mentioned here on the forum. We were a little down on sponsors this year, but Aran, Catrin and Cat came up with some offers that have been great as well.

We’ll have to rethink this for next year’s Eisteddfod. Getting sponsors is the hardest part of running the Eisteddfod and category winners have often said that the prize is icing on the cake. Really they’re just thrilled at being able to participate, and to win is prize enough, but I do like being able to reward them with a surprise gift.

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi Many thanks and noted. Let me know when & I’m sure that can do something.

1 Like

Diolch! That’s a great start to next year’s Eisteddfod :sunny:

Bydden ni’n hapus i noddi gwobr! Mae siop ‘Cant a mil vintage’ gyda fi yng Nghaerdydd.

Jo

1 Like

Diolch Jo! Dw i wir yn gwerthfawrogi hynny.

Croeso :slight_smile: