London St Pancras/King's Cross regular meet-up 12.15pm

I’ll be there, Marcus - looking forward to meeting some of my hangout friends in person

1 Like

Great to hear from everyone. I am really looking forward to Sunday. I’ve posted this in a couple of other places so I think we are around 8 or 9 people at the moment. From other things like this that I have been on this should work well.

I am just confirming for everyone that this is still happening. We are expecting 5-10 people so hopefully see you there.

I’m coming too - probably won’t stay very long as I’m a fairly new learner and may not understand much! Please tell me your children are a llon llaw go iawn, and we’ll get off to a good start!

1 Like

Sorry Marcus - I won’t be able to make it after all.
Unexpected emergency has come up.
Hope it goes well

Six of us met up and had a great day. I will work out a date for the next one and post in here again.

1 Like

Thank you for organising it, Marcus. I enjoyed meeting you all and trying a live Welsh conversation properly for the first time. Diolch yn fawr iawn! For the hangouts, do I search « Welsh-speaking practice » on Slack?

2 Likes

Great to meet you jane. I was really impressed with your speaking ability especially as it was your first time!

On slack i think @nia.llywelyn or @aran could add you to the correct channels? I’m not entirely sure how to do it! hopefully they see this message and can assist you. i think youll really enjoy the hangouts

2 Likes

Jane Welsh speaking practice is a different group. Try searching for SSIW 6/6

2 Likes

It depends on whether you’re doing one of the structured courses (6 Month or 6 Minute), in which case you’re automatically added. If you can’t find your way in, go to https://slack.com/signin/find and enter your email address.

If you want to join the open Welsh Speaking Practice Slack group, send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com and we’ll send you an invitation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr! Thanks very much - I’ll look into it when I’m back from my five days on the Llyn Peninsula

Very kind, thank you. I’ll look into it when I’m back from North Wales next week. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to speak at least a little Welsh while I’m there!

Going back to St Pancras later this month on October 27th. More details to follow in a new thread.

Hi Everyone just to let everyone know that we are meeting again this Sunday 12th January at 12.15pm in Pret a Manger in St Pancras, Station. All levels Welcome

HI there,

Next meeting is Sunday 16th of February at 12.15pm in St Pancras at Pret A Manger. We will be meeting there for an hour or so and then heading somewhere undecided yet.

In March we are trying to do a Saturday.

Hi Marcus

Been trying to dirct message you on Slack but I must be doing it wrong…

Could you tell me what time the whole meet up at St P’s finishes?

Thanks

Di

Hi there, I would say on average we stay in St Pancras for an hour then some people leave when we move off from there. I believe the plan this time is to find a local type cafe. People chat to each other as we walk. I would say about two hours in total but people come and go as they please really. It’s very informal and everyone so far has been really friendly.

Diolch dw i’n mynd i gymru fory welly dydd sul dim yn da i fi. Anwer nesa gobeithio!

NEXT MEETING SATURDAY 7TH MARCH. That’s right we are moving to a Saturday for this month only. The plan is to meet in St Pancras at the Pret a Manager (the one near boots) 12.15pm Saturday 7th March, We will stay there 1hr to 1hr30 and then perhaps take a walk or find another place depending on weather. You are welcome to come for as short or long as you like. If you need to contact me 07553387291That’s right we are moving to a Saturday for this month only. The plan is to meet in St Pancras at the Pret a Manager (the one near boots) 12.15pm Saturday 7th March, We will stay there 1hr to 1hr30 and then perhaps take a walk or find another place depending on weather. You are welcome to come for as short or long as you like. If you need to contact me 07553387291

@MarcusWhitfield, diolch yn fawr iawn for arranging the St Pancras meet up today. So many interesting people and competent Welsh speakers. I won’t steal your thunder by repeating the story you told as I was leaving, but I look forward, dw i’n edrych ymlaen at ei ddarllen ar y fforwm, to reading it here on the forum.