Y Wennol

Thank you all for your stories in response to my appeal last month, I had a really good number and, as a result, there was a better variety of stories in the Wennol. There was something for everybody! I really enjoyed your stories and I have some left over for the April edition – but there is always room for more! It is a great feeling when I finish an edition but then the panic starts – will I have enough for the next one?

It’s a great feeling to see your work in print and it really is a good way to build up your confidence in communicating in our beautiful language. So whether you are deciding to contribute for the first time or are keen to send a second story, your contribution will be very gratefully received.

If you haven’t yet seen Y Wennol yet, just send me your email address and I will send a copy – it is free of charge and always will be!
Rob Evans - bobwennol@ntlworld.com

5 Likes

Noswaith dda Rob, dw I n dysgu Cymraeg,hoffeni Y Wennol (not sure how much I will understand )!
Diolch
Gwyn Llewellyn

2 Likes

Helo Gwyn
If you send your email address to me I can put you on the list
bobwennol@ntlworld.com

1 Like

Diolch. Just seeing this now, would like to contribute please. What are your submission criteria?
Thank you
Jen
USA

Thank you Jen. You will need to send me an email to bobwennol@ntlworld.com and I can put you on the list… Contributions to the Wennol must be in Welsh but if you are not sure, just do your best and together I’m sure we can get it right.
I would love to have something from the USA, I’ve just started having monthly contributions from Tasmania.
Diolch a phob hwyl
Rob

1 Like

Diolch! Thank you! Will do.

In his latest email Rob Evans is asking for contributions for the April issue. It’s a wonderful aid for people who like reading and writing, also full of adverts of what to do etc. Although I now feel embarrassed about what I wrote months ago, it’s a brilliant way to overcome anxiety and embarrassment about presenting your photos and stories to the world :grinning:

What sort of content are they after?

Anything you fancy producing. I wrote something after only 3 months on SSiW (a bit ambitious?). If you’re an artist, you could introduce what you do. A hobby, a job, a walk in the country, favourite book/ film/ music. Pet hate? A beloved pet. What’s the best/weirdest thing. A bit about your Welsh. As Rob says, don’t worry about mistakes or mutations, he’ll shape up one’s writing. It’s a great exercise. Enjoy it, there are some great contributors.

1 Like

As my New Year’s Resolution of a daily and strict schedule of doing AutoMagic is turning out off-putting instead of motivating, I’m taking a short break and am concentrating more on reading and trying to write. Please do read Rob’s introduction to the March issue if you’re still unsure about your own courage to share your work.

"Bore da Pawb
Mae’r rhifyn yma o’r Wennol yn un sbeshial achos mae’n golygu bod ni wedi cwblhau pedair blynedd. Ym mis Ebrill bydden ni’n dechrau ar ein pumed flwyddyn! Mae’n anodd credu! Diolch yn fawr iawn i dros gant a hanner o ddysgwyr sydd wedi cyfrannu a hefyd yr wyth gant ohonoch chi sydd ar y rhestr. Mae cael rhywbeth Cymraeg i ddarllen yn rhad ac am ddim yn bwysig iawn i’ch siwrne trwy’r iaith a dw i’n gwybod bod y cyfranwyr wedi cael llawer o foddhad wrth weld eu gwaith mewn print.
A fi? Wel dw i wrth fy modd yn mynd trwy’r erthyglau ac yn paratoi nhw cyn cyhoeddi, dw i’n cael llawer o hwyl.
Felly gobeithio byddech yn parhau i gyfrannu ac i ddarllen trwy gydol y pumed flwyddyn.
Pob hwyl
Rob

This issue of the Wennol is a special one as it completes our fourth year. It is difficult to believe! A big thank you to over one hundred and fifty who have contributed stories and also the eight hundred who are on the mailing list. Having something Welsh to read completely free of charge is important for your journey in Welsh and I know that the contributors have a great deal of enjoyment by seeing their work in print.
And me? Well it is a great delight for me to go through the articles and prepare them for publication, I have great fun!
So I hope you will continue to contribute and to read throughout our fifth year.
Pob hwyl
Rob"

I know that Rob welcomes word of mouth of publicity and is ok about my passing on his email. I forgot to say that if you’d like to first just join the free newsletter, send Rob an e-mail (ignore the spaces): bobwennol @ ntlworld .com

1 Like