Wyt ti wedi digon i yfed? whilst driving to work at 8 this morning

Oh, how I love SSIW. Aran is always encouraging us to have a glass of wine, congratulate ourselves etc. and it always brings a huge smile to my face when he does so at the strange times (for an alcoholic drink) that I’m doing my SSIW - like bore 'ma am wyth o’r gloch whilst dw i’n gyrru i Merthyr Tydfil - cheers!

4 Likes

I think ANYONE driving to Merthyr at 8 o’clock in the morning, without ANY question, deserves a glass of wine (or three)!.. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you imagine doing that at 5 am when I’m going to work? … oooo, yes, I’m already on the way that time, unfortunatelly still too sleeppy to do any lesson what even to drink a glass of wine. I might sleep back drinking something else than water (or juice eventually). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry. Am I missing something? Are we talking about drink driving here? :worried:

Drink Merthyr-ing, I think

1 Like

I could afford this because I travel by bus … :smile: but at 5 am, no thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Listening to lessons in the car whilst driving to work at 8am and hearing Aran suggest a glass of wine in congratulations for completion? :wink:

2 Likes

@CatrinLliarJones Phew. :smile:
@carolineparkinson it was the “dw i’n gyrru i Merthyr Tydfil”" that threw me. :smile:

1 Like

in other words, Aran is driving us to drink…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Including his wife.

I’d imagine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mikeellwood @hewrop @aran @jamesmahoney @CatrinLliarJones @tatjana Well, that’s made my day (almost as much as @aran and his (by now… CASE of) wine). Dw i eisiau champagne nesa :champagne:

2 Likes

As far as I recall, @Iestyn advocates “fodka” at the end of his lessons. I can’t be sure, I was drunk at the time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ar ôl fy gawod i, bydda i gael cocktail heno a bydda i dweud “iechyd da” y pawb :smile: :relaxed: Bydda i ymlacio gyda fwy gwin eto; dim problem!

2 Likes

Awesome, you’re doing brilliantly! :star: :dizzy:

Just one little reminder - apart from the ‘Be dach chi’n gwneud?’ practice thread, we try to keep the forum to English, so that it’s always suitably welcoming for brand new learners and others who aren’t ready to start reading/writing in Welsh yet… :slight_smile: :star2:

1 Like

How do you say ‘whoops’ in Welsh, LOL? Sorry, I forgot or most likely didn’t actually realise in the first place - I’ll try to remember - mae’n ddrwg dy fi, dw i’n trio cofio. And of course “cheers” - have a great week-end! Or - whilst we’re at it - how about just some Latin: mea culpa!

1 Like

I usually go ‘wps!’… :wink:

1 Like

:scream: @aran!! :wink: (COI: I’m a Merthyr girl)

The alcohol suggestions make me laugh (given I’m pregnant) and I seem to remember there being one about a tattoo. I do love Iestyn’s little pep talks.

2 Likes