Writing in Welsh- Help!

Thank you for the link! Thankfully I am off work as I have so many links to look at and I can’t wait to start researching into everything everyone has given me!I didn’t realise there was so much out there for welsh learners!

Must be so hard to learn a language when nobody else speaks it in your country!My family live in an area where welsh speak is very minimum so it will be hard for me to speak to someone in my home town but I think a little further a field I will be able to find someone :slightly_smiling_face: Good job the Internet was invented!!!

Everyone has defiantly been so friendly and kind and it has made my experience on this forum a great one. I wasn’t expecting to have such a welcoming response like I have. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. So thank you @owainlurch @HowlsedhesServices @gruntius @AnnaC @@tatjana

4 Likes

Helo and welcome to the forum from an aged exile in Yr Alban (Scotland). There is a petition from us outside Wales for decent funding for S4C. Explanation here:
click here for link
I’ll send you an invite to the thread too!
This Forum is one of the best things about SSiW. Everyone is helpful, or at least is trying to be! You have met the most helpfiul, @tatjana who lives in Slovenia and recently traveled to Wales for a Bootcamp and the Eisteddfod, where she chatted in Welsh the whole time! (OK, I wasn’t there, but those who were have made this clear). All she learned, she learned from SSiW! (Oh, except for the technical stuff at which she is brilliant!).

2 Likes

Sian, just wanted to point out that there are 5 minute listening practices that are meant to be done every day. It sounds like you are doing Level 1, in which case when you get to Challenge 5 you will find the first listening practice. If you are doing the old Course 1, the listening practices start when you finish Lessons 6.

It’s great to see how enthusiastic you are - keep us posted on your progress :slight_smile: As you can see, we love to cheer people on!

2 Likes

Oh excellent I am on level 1 course 5 now so I will hopefully compete this tomorrow and then the 5 minute option will be available. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for the tip!

Yes I am really enthusiastic about it because I have wanted to learn welsh for such a long time and I finally found something that works amazingly and the support is so encouraging! I will hopefully speak to you in welsh with an update :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello there :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your message.

I wasn’t aware there was a problem for people living outside of Wales so I will definitely have a look, thank you for the link and making me aware of this!!

Oh wow that’s impressive! Yes @tatjana has been very helpful to me which I am very thankful for! I would love to do the same. I have only been to the Eisteddfod as a child so would be great to go back and speak welsh!

3 Likes