Wher is lesson 6b

S’mae Wendi?

I used to think I was a “visual learner” too, but SSiW has convinced me that (as far as languages go anyway), its just not true. As for not wanting to stare into space when doing lessons, I highly recommend doing something else whilst you listen to the lessons. Walking is a good one, housework too, anything really (I drive, but I don’t suggest you do that until you feel confident enough to do so - safety first!). This has the added advantage to stopping you using the pause button, which is painful to start with, but I believe to be really beneficial in the long run (others’ mileage may vary). If you chose walking, then as you live in Cymru - lucky thing - chattering away in Welsh whilst out and about (don’t be afraid of this, speak loud and clear! :slight_smile: ) will almost certainly put you in touch with local Welsh speakers you have not met yet, and lead to interesting impromptu conversations.

Really truly, this method does work - let go of your preconceptions about yourself and embrace it, I think you will be a convert!

Hwyl,

Stu

2 Likes

Visual learning surely wouldn’t do anything good to me except of wanting to see some words written down so I can really know how to say them (for this Guides to the lessons and challenges are prefectly enough) so I totally agree with written above no matter I once stubborny thought I’m visual learner. And … I almost NEVER use pause button even if I sit behind the computer however I have to be focused most of the time.

But yes, doing something else while learnign is a good thing and is beneficial. :slight_smile:

A video of someone speaking even just the listening practices would be very helpful to me! I rely on lip reading subconsciously quite a lot, to the point where if I’m driving (and hence can’t turn my head) I can’t hear people talking in the passenger seat/back very well at all! With Welsh I’m struggling a lot to distinguish between some vowel and consonant sounds and this might just be key to helping me figure them out!

1 Like

Hi Stu Thanks for your comments. My mind is quite open and I’ve started working my way through the audio lessons now, the real test will start when I start the lessons that I haven’t done on Utube and therefore have not seen or heard the words. I have an MP3 player coming and I’m looking forward to using it for all the suggestions given.
I’m using an iPad for the lessons . Can anyone tell me if I can download the lesson from here straight onto the MP3 player or do I have to go to my husbands main Apple Mac computer to download onto it? Will come back to you all soon…ish when I’ve completed some new lessons
Best regards
Wendi

There’s an app for that…

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/saysomethinginwelsh/id590241832?mt=8

2 Likes

An excellent ap I’d say! I love it.