What about some Welsh/Welsh practice?

If one joins together the mindsets of “I can’t learn without a ‘fluent’ speaker to practise with” and “I can’t talk to anyone else until I’m not going to make mistakes” one ends up never doing anything. While there’s no doubt that feedback is important, one must get to the point where they’re able to get feedback, and anything at all that involves production or understanding of Welsh is going to help with that.

If one never speaks with another Welsh speaker, it doesn’t matter if one misuses words a bit as they’ll be understood by the only person in the conversation. If one does speak (now or in the future) with another speaker, there’ll be a chance for correction (assuming the mistake is sufficiently significant as to not be understood) and all the practice in the meanwhile just helps with that.

4 Likes

All true!! If we ever get good enough broadband for my laptop to skype, I may even get some conversation… and heaven help the poor person on the other end!!!

2 Likes

If you don’t have a set of extra Skype partners by the time you’ve got to the end of Level 1, let me know - I’ll be happy to nudge a few people who I’m sure will be glad to help :sunny:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Voluntaire. :slight_smile: Heaven help us both then. - hehe!

1 Like