Welsh Gigs - DATES AND LOCATIONS! 🎸

Thanks anyway Siaron, I appreciate its not always easy to give much notice. Unfortunately for me, I live outside of Wales so without notice I usually can’t attend :frowning: but regardless it’s really nice of you to post these gigs.
I’m also intrigued, what sort of music did your band play?

In case this helps anyone else, I keep track of a lot of gigs using a site called ents24.com
You can use it to follow bands and venues which is really handy. Unfortunately for smaller acts and venues, including Welsh language acts its a bit hit and miss.

What about venues that frequently put these sorts of things on, and annual festivals? Can anyone recommend these sorts of things?

I was in Estella, Bob Delyn a’r Ebillion, and also did short stints in Anweledig and Twmffat.

There’s the Eisteddfod of course, both the Maes B and Maes gigs plus the ones organised by Cymdeithas Yr Iaith. Some of the bigger ones are Sesiwn Fawr in Dolgellau and Tafwyl in Cardiff, and I think there are still festivals in Caerphilly and Camarthen, but quite a few towns have their own smaller festivals.
Centres like Tŷ Tawe in Swansea, Clwb Ifor Bach in Cardiff and Saith Seren in Wrexham have regular gigs, and I think there are still gigs held in Pontrhydfendigaid. (I’m trying to remember the main/regular places we performed, because lots of gigs were smaller scale festivals or pub gigs all across Wales - and it was quite a while ago now!)

Edit - I’ve just had a quick look, and it’s worth keeping an eye on the Y Selar website for news of upcoming gigs and releases - https://selar.cymru/

2 Likes

Oh wow!

Thanks for this I’ll have a look at it and keep an eye out

1 Like

Car Gwyllt 2023

Tickets

CAR GWYLLT 2023

Dafydd Iwan MR, Los Blancos, KIm Hon, Tara Bandito, Tri Hwr Doeth, Hap a Damwain, Chwaral, Chroma, HMS Morris, Alffa, Crinc, Yr Ogs a MWY…

Presented by: Cwmni Bro Ffestiniog

BLAENAU FFESTINIOG: Clwb Rygbi Bro Ffestiniog (map)
Friday 7th July, 2023
Door time: 6:00pm, Start time: 7:00pm
16 and over

Event Information

Car Gwyllt yn ol efo’r ‘line-up’ mwya’ cyffrous eto!
Byddwch yno neu byddwch oblong!

On efo Wales best kept Music events i back with the most exciting lineup to date!
Be there or be hexagon!

Tickets
TICED PENWYTHNOS
Tickets are available

Ticket price £40.00
Booking fee £4.00
Total £44.00

RHESTR GIGS BWNCATH – DECHRAU’R HAF 2023

MEHEFIN

10/06 Gŵyl Cefni, Llangefni Gŵyl Cefni

16/06 Y Madryn, Chwilog Y Madryn

GORFFENNAF

01/07 Gŵyl Felin, Y Felinheli Gŵyl Y Felinheli

07/07 Crasu Coed, Rhoshirwaun Crasu Coed

08/07 Padarn Hotel, Llanberis Padarn Hotel

15/07 Tafwyl, Caerdydd Tafwyl

22/07 Sesiwn Fawr, Dolgellau Sesiwn Fawr Dolgellau

AWST

04/08 Plas Coch, Y Bala Plas Coch Hotel

Am docynnau neu os ydych angen unrhyw fanylion pellach, cysylltwch â’r lleoliadau os gwelwch yn dda! Edrychwn ymlaen i’ch gweld

1 Like

Things are very late being advertised unfortunately @charlie-o :smirk: I mainly find out about things on facebook.

Two big events in July:

Tafwyl, Caerdydd 15-16 Gorffennaf
Sesiwn Fawr Dolgellau the weekend after ( but I believe all tickets have been sold)

Tafwyl is a free event https://tafwyl.org/?lang=en

1 Like

Eisiau bod yn rhan o gynulleidfa Noson Lawen?
Want to be part of a Noson Lawen audience?
Byddwn yn ffilmio cyfres newydd o Noson Lawen yn Pontio, Bangor 📺
We will be filming a new series of noson lawen at Pontio, Bangor
Tocynnau ar gael trwy:
Tickets available through:
📧 noson.lawen@cwmnida.tv

☎️ 01286 685300 Estyniad 028
01286 685300 extension 028
Gyda elw’r tocynnau yn mynd tuag at achosion da lleol.
With ticket profits going to good local causes.

***Noson Lawen Tony ac Aloma wedi gwerthu allan
*** The Tony and Aloma night has sold out

Eisteddfod events starting to firm up.

delwedd

https://cymdeithas.cymru/steddfod23

delwedd

1 Like

What does everyone think?

1 Like

Main stage is long sold out, but there’s plenty of free stuff going on on Saturday afternoon.

This is tonight if you’re about in Bangor. Book launch with music by Malan.

Very short notice, sorry.

Technically in England because the village hall is over the border, so a rare event!

2 Likes