Welsh clock in words à la "Qlocktwo"

What exactly do you want it to do? Become a sort of widget on the desktop background? It’s been a while since I used Windows so I’m not familiar with the latest versions, but as far as I know, that hasn’t been possible since the demise of the old Active Desktop thingy. Someone more Microsofty than me might be able to suggest something though.

1 Like

What else you duggest then desktop vidget? Background? I can’t find this possible either.

@tatjana I don’t know if this is what you are looking for, but this is how I got the clock to be on my desktop. (I didn’t know I could do this before, but I wanted to figure out how to get it on my desktop like @raymondkefford so I started Googling.) It gives me an open Chrome window on my desktop with just the clock, no tabs or menu bars or anything.

Open the Welsh clock page in Chrome, then click the triple-bar-menu thing in the upper right corner. (What is that thing called, anyway? As you can see, this won’t be a very technical explanation :slight_smile: ) Click on “More Tools” and then “Add to Taskbar”. Check the box that says “Open as Window”. Then click “Add”. This will open a window with the clock in it which you can open and close from the taskbar. I resized the window appropriately. I believe that in your Chrome settings (under Advanced Settings) you have to have “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed” checked in order for the clock to update. I have it checked and the clock updates for me when I"m not running Chrome.

It’s not exactly a widget but it does the job for me!

2 Likes

Diolch @AnnaC.

And I call myself a tech person … come on! I should be ashamed of myself!

Will try to do it at the evening when I come home. Now’s the time to go to bed.

Mae hi 'n bum munud ar hugain wedi un! yma nawr.

You are WAY more of a tech person than I am! I hope it works for you when you try it tomorrow. Nos da! :slight_smile:

I just couldn’t resist. I did it right now and will doublecheck later in the day if it updates. Diolch o galon i ti @AnnaC!

1 Like

Speechless.

1 Like

Apart from saying “speechless”.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s CAD-designed and then laser-cut. It even includes a private joke between the two of us in the slightly jarring inclusion of both UnDegUn and Deuddeg. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think the cool nerdy kids are calling this “the Hamburger button”:

Chrome used to display a “wrench” (or spanner) didn’t it?
I guess that was no longer cool or nerdy enough. :slight_smile:

(and oh, look: we have one on the forum as well… :slight_smile: )

@mikeellwood Well, that explains why I didn’t know what it was called. I am neither cool nor nerdy nor a kid! :slight_smile:

I think “hamburger button” is a riot! I’m going to smile every time I click one now :slight_smile:

Diolch!

1 Like

@Kinetic and @AnnaC you are the best! This works now perfectly. I love it to the bits.

And it updates as it should. A minute ahead (or so) but no worries. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad you got it to work! I love this clock - with it on my desktop I am learning to tell time in Welsh without even trying! :slight_smile: Diolch yn fawr iawn, @kinetic!

2 Likes

3 Likes

MicrosoftIO… :rofl:

…after riding a horse five mile in and ten mile home again…