Well why not

I’ve learnt Welsh with SSiW so I thought, well why not Spanish!

So lesson one is a tick. I forgot how tempting the pause button can be!! (I resisted).

6 Likes

I’m really tempted to do this too. Husband is doing the Spanish and there are lots of Spanish speakers here. I haven’t started because I find the Welsh just too addictive. I’m worried I’ll ‘unwelsh’ myself!
Pob lwc i ti @AnthonyCusack

4 Likes

diolch @cat-1! I’ll let you know how my Welsh holds up.

I’ve found myself using the Welsh to draw connections
So Hablar is - to speak
Decir - to say
Decir is a bit like dweud…kinda…they start with d at least.

4 Likes

Good man!

You’d get occasional hiccups, but nothing serious… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@AnthonyCusack! How goes the Spanishness?

2 Likes

I’ve done two lessons. At the moment it’s my Wednesday pursuit. I’m going to gradually build how regularly I do the lessons. I’ve practiced my phrases on two Spanish speakers at work :smile: they were positive.

So my current plan is lesson 3 in the car tomorrow on the way to work. If I can finish that in time I’ll do a lesson a day.

5 Likes

So when you and Emma make that visit to Llandysul, we’ll have to invite @Iestyn round for a Spanish conversation session :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Challenge 3 and 4 completed today…challenge 3 was tricky because I had to finish it in three spurts due to the length of my journey to and from work. Lesson 4 I did with a couple of interruptions to text my Spanish friend to tell him I wanted to practice my Spanish with him :slight_smile:

So the all important lesson 5 tomorrow then a couple of journeys with the listening exercise.

3 Likes

I’ve also just realised that I did these SSiSpanish lessons straight after I’d finished watching Un Bore Mercher…now if that doesn’t put things into perspective!!!

2 Likes

Hi Anthony, it’s great you’ve decided to try the Spanish challenges after SSIW :slight_smile:
I also resisted using the pause button. I would say it definitely helps if you can!

3 Likes

I’m joining in and am also up to Challenge 4. I’m really enjoying it. The only trouble is that I feel compelled to listen to Radio Cymru on the 2nd half hour of my car journey.

I’m diluting it down with a bit of Radio 4 now. The workmate in the next room to me in work is Spanish and usually has some stand-up comedian podcast on. Hopefully I’ll soon be able to understand why he keeps bursting out laughing :smiley:

5 Likes

Lessons 6, 7 and 8 today. Going to listen to the listening exercises tomorrow, then lesson 9 and 10 on Friday

4 Likes

Lessons 12 and 13 have been…challenging!

3 Likes

OK, today I got our young Spanish colleagues to teach me “Como digo?,…” (How do I say…?) They are going to regret that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry, those are a bit tougher than really necessary…!

1 Like

Don’t worry! I love a challenge me :slight_smile:

1 Like