Watching Welsh TV shows in the US?

Hey everybody I’m beginning learning Welsh and something that I think would be helpful down the road is being able to watch Welsh TV shows but since I’m in the US I can’t access the stuff in the UK. Any thoughts?

Good question. I was wondering the same thing

I possibly found some round about ways to do it but I’m not sure if they are legal so yeah I think I’d like to avoid that and also not potentially get viruses on my laptop.

@ChelseaQ Just use a VPN, that’s what I do as well and it’s perfectly legal (I think)

Not exactly, since S4C, BBC, etc. are paid for by taxes and TV licensing fees, and have intentional georestrictions due to program licensing and stuff. At the very least, it’s a violation of the terms and conditions on those sites. Not sure about the legal mumbo jumbo, lol.

Also, I’m sure the mods will pop up, but we’re generally supposed to avoid discussion of VPNs to bypass geoblocking in order to protect SSiW from any legal issues.

5 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. I have to admit that I don’t usually read the ToS, maybe I should do that in the future. Ok sorry, didn’t know that.

1 Like

Thanks Joanie, thanks Sophie… :sunny: :thumbsup:

2 Likes