Unofficial anniversary bootcamp weekend may 12-14 last place now gone

Hi Pete,
If it’s the same venue, I’ll come.
Hwyl

May not be but will be similar and in gwynedd or ynys mon. Just let me know.

1 Like

Fine. Please count me in!

2 Likes

Current state of play
Definites
@flora
@debw12
@maturestudent
Me plus one

Possibles
@franhunni

Only one more confirmed needed and we’re a six and i’ll book somewhere suitable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you can find somewhere dog friendly and everyone else is happy for me to bring my small, friendly whippet/poodle cross with me I’d love to come. But please, if anyone has a problem with that, do say now.
(She is great fun to take on beach walks, which are great places to talk -I’m often talking Welsh to myself on my dog walks!)

Ok same place as for march…near newborough.dog friendly. £50 each.

Current rooming…

Me and partner room 1
@flora and @debw12 room 2
@franhunni and furry friend room 3
@maturestudent room 4

1 Like

It would be great to join you all but the distance (time/cost of train) precludes it.

I can just imagine asking for a train ticket to llanfairpwll…
at my local station.

Cheers J.P.

Disappointingly perhaps, and despite what the sign on the platform says, I believe it’s known precisely as “Llanfairpwll” to the railways :slight_smile: (Yet “Llanfair Pwyllgwyngyll” to the locals, so I’ve read. No idea why the two abbreviations are different.)

1 Like

Just to let everyone know, there is one male place available…in a twin room and a double room for a couple or for a male/female single occupancy.

Location now a four bed cottage in Dolgellau.

Please note as in my original posting i reserve the right to change or cancel until such time as i can confirm details so we could end up anywhere in gwynedd or ynys mon.

Could I just add that these take me hours to arrange, i pay my own share and don’t make any money, so please do not say you’ll come and then withdraw as potentially i end up losing money or paying double

Pete

edit see below for latest

Another pulled out. Start again.

Ok i need two more people. I’m assuming @maturestudent and @debw12 are still ok.

I will do my utmost to get somewhere close to Caernarfon but as before its anywhere in Gwynedd or Ynys Mon and currently i have a cottage for 7/8 reserved near Dolgellau.

I try to find nice cottages and accommodate most requests but please only commit if you are certain you want to come.

I don’t book caravans etc. I only book nice cottages in welsh speaking areas and may be able to provide a lift if you ask.

From this point if you change your mind i will not be refunding anything. If i cancel then obviously I will.

I don’t make any money. If anything a small loss. All the planning and looking is done in my own time. I’m not a travel agent, just a keen welsh speaker.

Pete

Ps. This is the 4 bedroom cottage i have reserved 2 miles outside dolgellau. One double, one twin, one single and one family room which has a double and two singles.

2 Likes

Looks really nice Pete . I’ll see if I can get that weekend off work and let you know

1 Like

Thanks Sam…i always try and find somewhere nice.

One last place available, suit male or female in shared room… you’d be sharing with someone of same gender of course in this room

Location is at foot of cadair idris and by coed y brenin if anyone likes a forest walk. Plenty of things to do nearby and chances to speak welsh in local cafes and shops.

Cost still £50 to include breakfast and dinner.

https://goo.gl/maps/ipYHi9y2Mhx

2 Likes

Update. I have a space for either

One male
One female
Or a couple.

Venue dolgellau. Cos £50 each. breakfast and dinner included.

May 12- 14

Its still going ahead regardless as its all booked.

Please message for details.

1 Like

Is this place still available?
Just awaiting confirmation of working dates for May, so subject to that, would be up for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve pm’d you

2 Likes

Fully booked again :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hwyl Pawb!

3 Likes

Well i can’t believe i’m one day past the ten month mark already! Not sure i can get away with the beginner tag any more!!! The one year anniversary is getting scarily close!

As one who began before you were born…I assure you time isn’t what matters , it’s how you learn and the amount of work you do!

2 Likes

Well yes. My fear of speaking in the wild is getting slowly smaller. Roughly a year ago a fellow teacher said a mere two words to me…“siarad cymraeg?”.

I embarrassingly replied “sorry no”.

These days i would probably reply “ie, wel dw i 'di bod yn dysgu, felly dw i’n hapus i siarad yn y gymraeg efo chdi”

2 Likes