Tresaith Bootcamp - April 2014 - Introductions

Interestingly, or not, coffee was used as the basis of explaining “go iawn” in bootcamp y Gadlas, or “bootnos”, last month (could that be "bootcamp go iawn?). So it seems lots of people think of instant coffee in the same way. :wink:

Gruntius, for me, “go iawn” will always be linked to “dynion go iawn dim shaffio”. (With thanks to Helen Lindsay who explained to me what it meant).

Diddorrol iawn ond pwy s’yn dod i Footcamp heblaw Helen, Polly, Iestyn, Ros a fi? Mae e’n mynd i fod yn dawel iawn yn Nghwm Tresaith wythnos nesaf.

Si’n hoffi coffi ond bydd rhaid inni glwyed mwy am “whip whap”. Rhybeth i’wneud gyda dy tywel ar ol cael cawod?

Beth am y tywydd? Yn ni’n gallu trior barbeciw ar y traeth nos lun neu nos iau?

Bydda i 'na prynhawn dydd Sadwrn i ddweud helo. Wela i chi i gyd yno.

Ros is not staying unfortunately, just cooking the meal on the first night for you all! It’s usually my job, but you’ll see that there’s no chance of me doing that now, so Ros has kindly stepped in!

I can promise there are more of you, well, at least more people have signed up and paid!

Have a good night of rest tonight, bootcampers, and we’ll see you tomorrow!

Steve: ha, diolch. That was fun. :wink:

Ros has to cook, just to get her cafetiere back? :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Now to try to get a good night’s sleep.

Safe journey all.

Pob lwc pawb. :wink:

Ges i noson braf gyda’r criw yn Nhresaith neithiwr. Diolch am y cwmni da a diolch o galon i Ros am swper hyfryd. Gobeithio bod pawb yn mwynhau gweddill y bootcamp. Dw i’n siŵr y byddwch chi.

dynion go iawn dim shaffio

Beth yw shaffio?! :S

Shaffio - Shave. (gruntius used it in his hwb learner of the week video - well worth a look on YouTube!)

Steve: Shaffio - Shave. (gruntius used it in his hwb learner of the week video - well worth a look on YouTube!)

And what possible use would gruntius have for such a word? :slight_smile:

@Huw: you’re right, he’s an inspiration to all us newbie beard growers (note to self, must update forum photo)

I use the word siafio as often and in the same way as the word hwylio. i.e. Dw i ddim yn siafio. Dw i ddim yn hwylio ar y môr.

Oh no! We haven’t got the dreaded double-posting gremlin on the new forum, too. :frowning:
Dylet ti siafio un o dy negesau :slight_smile:

I posted that from my phone so it was probably just that. This forum is beyond rubbish on there, I can’t edit or delete at all. :frowning:

Now it’s too late to edit normally, ah well.

Really happy that the bootcamp has started off so well. I can’t wait for more reports. :wink:

Any word from the bootcampers? Don’t you guys come out today?

There was a whole lot of welsh going on, plenty of laughter, more than enough eating and drinking, little rain, new experiences like clog dancing (which was very popular), three UFO’s and a lot of meal worms.
Can not thank Cat, Iestyn and family enough but i think they know.

Who would not want to go again soon.
Cheers J.P.

I have been trying to tell my friends about everything we did, but we did so much I keep missing things out: learning about wool making, cheese making, coracles, geo caching, houses next to the castle being made of layers of slate and stones and mortar, because of the different quality of the local slate, chatting to loads of people, eating lovely food, out and in, meeting the other bootcampers, Cat, Iestyn and family, all in Welsh and understanding a lot of what was going on. Thanks to everyone there!

Only unfortunate consequence - every time someone says “wedi marw” I am going to start laughing.