Translation Help If You Need It

I guess many people will use Google Translate if they want to translate a word or phrase. However, I have found a much better translator. It can translate Welsh and many other languages. It’s called http://translator.eu It’s quite useful to type your word or phrase in both because you don’t always get the same result. I think Translator.eu gives a better result. Give it a try and see what you think.

9 Likes

And you could try FORVO (www.forvo.com) to pronounce the words or phrases for you if you’re not using Google Translate.

1 Like

Well, that certainly seems to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, Forvo very good too.

Strange. Your 3 words work with every other language, even Chinese and Arabic. Maybe you should wing them an email.

I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to cause you trouble checking – I’m afraid I was being silly, rather than sarcastic. There are a number of words that look similar, or even identical, in Catalan and Cymraeg, despite being pronounced differently – I had deliberately chosen three of them to “check”. The translator works fine… :slight_smile:

Edited to add: Google does the exact same thing with the original three words, only with the added indignity of suggesting that the Welsh might already be in Catalan anyway:

No problem Richard
Best wishes.
Rob.

Thanks, @RobMorgan! This looks brilliant!!! I’m always looking for a good online translator.

Thanks for reminding me about this, @janhoward-1. I had looked at forvo ages ago, but there was not very much in Welsh there at all at the time. It looks as thought it’s got a LOT more words in there now.