The Magnificent Saith Ride Again!

Hi All. Apologies for being rather slow in joining the thankyou party but I’ve had a rather busy week. I had an absolute blast last weekend doing lots of things I never imagined I’d be doing - singing songs from a songsheet full of words that resembled a Scrabble rack being one of the highlights.

It was really great to see you all and it was so strange, considering it had been seven years since we were all last together, how quickly we all fell back into the familiar routine. It has reinvigorated my desire to get my Welsh fluency up and I’ve been ploughing ahead once more with the intermediate course. Thanks all for a great weekend and thanks for the super photos of the event. I hope we can all meet again in less than seven years next time.

Some of you may remember that I spoke about Birkenhead and its Eisteddfod connections - this year is the centenary of the “Eisteddfod y Gadair Ddu” (“The Eisteddfod of the Black Chair”), when Welsh poet Hedd Wyn was selected as the Bard but sadly had been killed in the Battle of Passchendaele a few weeks earlier.

Today I have been speaking to a lady called Eileen Wilsher, who is apparently trying to coordinate a commemoration event on the weekend of 9-10 September. She told me that she’s writing an application this coming week for some Heritage Lottery Funding to support the event and could do with some letters of support. Do we know anyone(s) at the Eisteddfod who might be willing to write in support of this?

Thanks

Colin

3 Likes

Ww, exciting news - da iawn ti! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like