The joys of making a fool of yourself - and 3 vital ways it improves your language learning

Inspired by the discussion on the ‘Your problems’ thread (SaySomethingin) I’ve swept the dust off the SSi blog:

Never intentionally I’ve made a fool of myself dozens of time over these past four years: From asking a barmaid for sex when I thought I was requesting ice to engaging the chaired poet, Tudur Dylan Jones in conversation about his latest television programme “Ar Lafar” for several minutes before I realised he wasn’t the poet Ifor ap Glyn…
Trawling dictionaries for simple vocab that I could pronounce; then finding many of the words I’d learnt no one had heard of…
A couple of weeks ago I spotted a gentleman on the street of LlandySul and asked him if he was on the radio as I vaguely knew his face. It was - Ceri Wyn Jones who presents , Y Talwrn. Then innocently telling him: “I havn’t a clue what’s going on in the programme…”
Singing “Tron dy Dad” whilst doing a little dance in a Caernarfon pub…
Spending a night talking to Meic a pub landlord using only “Fire away Ffaro” and “Dŵ dŵ dŵ” throughout the night.
Such mistakes and jollity have rapidly moved my Welsh forward…

Singing “Tron dy Dad” whilst doing a little dance in a Caernarfon pub…

:star: