The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Diolch. I am going to start week 19 next. I was going to duck out of posting my sentances. It took a few days of trying to pluck up the courage to do but did it. Good luck with yours. Cx

Oh dear Iā€™ve had to give up on this task ! Iā€™ve faffed around with Soundcloud and Audio Copy for half an hour and canā€™t get them to work. Soundcloud doesnā€™t appear to have a record option on my phone. Audio Cloud wonā€™t let me play back my recording. Iā€™ve posted something to my Soundcloud account and now canā€™t find it.

Oh I wish there was a very simple way for us technophobes to do this taskā€¦ Grumble over, off to plant sunflowers

I have just had a crack at it now, not sure if you can see it as itā€™s marked private, hope you are able to listen OK. I donā€™t think itā€™s perfect grammar I kind of made it up! :grin: Here it is, gulp!! @CatrinLliarJones
https://soundcloud.com/user-729432729/under-5-minutes-piece-for-ssiw/s-U1EuqnjrLM8

Aaaagghhh! But I did it!

1 Like

You said a whole lot more than I did for that exercise. Da iawn.

Hi Claire! So sorry that you are having so many problems with recording. :frowning: But please do not despair, youā€™re not the only one and if we can help you through this, then we will. Iā€™m not sure if this will help you at all but have a look at this thread and the answer I gave in it on how SoundCloud works on my Samsung Android phoneā€¦

Hope it helps.

Well done @claire-hummerstone, @duncan-fisher and @stephanie-ingham, you are now RED! :smiley:

1 Like

Hooray!! Diolch!! :grin:

My Pink to Red Sentences

I donā€™t want to pay for soundcloud to upload speaking practise, /is there another way that i can do it?

You can use soundcloud for free. In the main screen on the soundcloud app, in the top right corner (on my screen itā€™s there) there is a circle with an up arrow. Thatā€™s where you can upload recordings. On my iPad I use my voice memo recorder to record and upload from there.

In anticipation of going from Pink to redā€¦

1 Like

Hopefully this will workā€¦ Iā€™ve kept it short, byr iawn!, as it seemed to stop recording sound after 1 minute.

Iā€™m glad others have mentioned the ā€˜mind going blankā€™ issue, I find it surprisingly more difficult to come up with my own endings rather than just repeating sentences in english to welsh like in the challenges :see_no_evil:

Brawddegau Steve G
@CatrinLliarJones I uploaded the wrong file the other day!

Shwmae

Hoping this worksā€¦

is soundcloud free?

Ydw, tiā€™n gallu cael hiā€™n am ddim! (Yes, you can get it for free).
I considered using rhydd to mean free but as Iā€™m referring to cost rather than availability I wasnā€™t sure if it would be correct ā€¦?
If anyone knows please let me know, thanks! :blush:

@CatrinLliarJones can I turn ā€œredā€ now?:slight_smile: Iā€™m trying to post my one question sentence soon! thank you :smile: