Technical help needed

Shwmae. Can anyone help me please? I seem to be unable t o record my week 11 5 minute sentence practice . I have recorded myself twice but wanted to try again but have now completely lost the squiggly line in the sound box. When I press the record button nothing happens. Also, where can I practise speaking to others on the ssiw site? Mae ddrwg da fi but I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to technology!
Diolch
Lynsey :grimacing:

1 Like

I can’t help with the recording side of things, hopefully someone who can will be along to help, but what I would say is don’t worry - there’s no rush to do the recording tasks, and it won’t affect your course if there’s a delay doing them.

As for practising speaking, we do this on Slack. We have two workspaces - the 6/6 group is for those doing the subscribed courses, and the WSP (Welsh Speaking Practice) group is open to everyone. If you’re on a subscribed course, details of how to join the 6/6 group should be in one of your emails. To join the WSP group, you just need an invite (from admin@saysomethingin.com). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like one for @kinetic - @Deborah-SSi, maybe you could ping him if he doesn’t see the tag in here? :slight_smile:

Simple thing to try first - can you close the email with the recorder in it, then open it up again? It might just need some kind of ‘reset’.
If you don’t still have your Slack email and you’re not sure how to get in, just go to https://slack.com/signin/find and enter your email address there. That will help you get into Slack, then have a read of #1-start-here that useful information for getting started, plus the time table for the online sessions.

Noswaith dda Deborah,
Yesterday I tried several times to close the email, resend the email and open again to try to record -nothing happened. I tried again tonight and would you believe it, it worked!!! Diolch yn fawr. I was in a slight state of panic last night as I didn’t want to fall behind so early on. Thanks for your help.
Lynsey :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch Aran. All sorted now. Tried resending and reopening email. Despite several attempts it didn’t work yesterday but it did tonight! Sorry to have troubled you .
Lynsey

1 Like

Well done! And sorry it was hiccupy!