Stuck at Lesson 13 Course 1

Helo! I just wanted to say that I have a problem with lesson 13. I just can’t seem to get past it. It actually goes fine-ish when I use the pause button, but when I don’t, I just start to mix up everything, especially tenses, and the last 5 minutes are just a disaster. I think I’ve done the lesson at least 7 times now, whereas before, it took me 2 or maximum 3 times a lesson. I’ve repeated lessons 7 to 12, because I thought I was going too fast and they went pretty well without the pause button, but with lesson 13 it’s as if everything comes together and I’m lost…and I so want to move on to lesson 14, but I don’t think that’s a good idea…
Are there any ways I can break down that wall? Or should I just repeat the lesson over and over again?
On a more positive note: the first ten minutes go really well, so it’s only 20 minutes that are a problem, and especially the last 5…
Well, that’s off my back :wink: Thanks for any advice anyone can give me :slight_smile:

Are there any ways I can break down that wall?

Do lesson 14. Definitely. Whenever I’ve got really stuck on a lesson, after doing it a maximum of three times, I’ve moved on to the next one and then gone back. Your brain will still be working on the L13 content subconsciously, you’ll still be practicing it in L14 along with some new stuff, and finally, a change is as good as a rest. L14 will refresh you. The worst thing you can do, in my opinion, is keep repeating L13. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

and I so want to move on to lesson 14, but I don’t think that’s a good idea…

On the contrary, it’s an excellent idea…:slight_smile: Go on to 14, and 15, and 16, and then revisit 13 and see how it feels (although it doesn’t matter, because if 14 is okay, you’re okay…:-))

Thank you very much, Jon and Aran! I’m very happy with the advice :slight_smile: I’ll go on to lesson 14 now and see how it goes.

(Seems I need to brush up my English too…It’s off my chest, isn’t it? Not my back…I think that’s Denglish :p)

To be honest, I didn’t even notice…:slight_smile:

Well, lesson 14 went pretty well :slight_smile: I did it twice and I’m ready to move on to 15. I’m a happy girl ( ok, woman) now :slight_smile:
Diolch yn fawr!

Excellent, well done! If you wait until you get to 20 before you revisit 13, you’ll probably wonder what the problem was…:wink: