Starting again

I have not been well since christmas and not done any welsh. Not been to classes or meetups, and even missed the lovely Karla coming across. I cant remember anything. Really dont know where to start now. Thinking of trying spanish instead while there is no welsh to get in the way.
Anyone else been in a similar position and re learnt stuff?

Hi Jenny, lots of people over the years have been in the same position, including myself.

Dust of that MP3 player, or whatever you use for your lessons, have a listen to the first lesson of whichever course your were doing and you will be shocked at how much you remember. If it goes well, try skipping one or two and you will be back where you were in no time.

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

4 Likes

Sounds pretty familiar to me. I had a good sense of direction, hit christmas, lost my way, just starting to find it again.

Stick to the Welsh, I don’t want to feel like the only one having to do revision at the moment :wink: I bet it won’t take you long to pick up speed again.

3 Likes

You won’t have to ‘re-learn’ - just refresh what you’ve already learnt - which is a much faster process… :sunny:

How far had you got to? I’d recommend doing the last two sessions you completed, one after the other - the first will feel pretty tough, but you might be surprised by what comes back in the second…

3 Likes

Thanks guys will maybe go back a few lessons and try them, don’t hold out much hope though. I had done all the new ones so far and was halfway through C3 and trying to understand some GC.

2 Likes

Oh, please, don’t do the same things I did … You know in your heart you’ll get back knowledge prety soon so go for it without just giving some hope into whole thing but rather believing in your success! Deal? :slight_smile:

Umm … well, you’re not lonely in this despite I do this just because there’s no new stuff on southern hemisphere of cwrs Cymraeg yet … (yes, it is one new but I’ll eat it tomorrow and will be hungry again. - hehe)

So, dal ati both of you @jenny_white_378 and @steve_2.

3 Likes

Hey Jenny, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been ill. I’d really like to chat with you again if you’re free sometime in the next couple of weeks. And just quietly…I do have plans in the works to come back to Cymru next year, so I’m sure we’ll have a chance to meet up then. :smile:

1 Like

@karla, you’re coming back, really! How wonderful!!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a vague plan at the moment…hopefully it can be somewhat of a reward for passing my exam at the end of this year/ beginning of next year (and for getting a good mark)! :smile:

1 Like

Ooh fab looking forward to seeing you next year then Karla x

1 Like