SSiW short course for parents

There was mention a while back of lessons specifically aimed at parents speaking to their children.

Me and my wife are having another baby in May(!), and I’m going to make more of an effort to speak more Welsh with the baby from the start.

This probably a long shot, but is there any chance the lessons for parents will be ready before May? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eek! But I got them written - so if we skip the proper mastering process we could probably get something fairly rough and ready out before too long - I’ll stick it on the list…:wink:

3 Likes

Rough and ready would be fantastic. I’m happy to provide feedback if you want any. Many thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds great.

I practice my Cymraeg on my four year old quite a bit. It used to just make him laugh but now he confidently says “nos da!” and “cysgu yn dda!” unbidden.

Not a lot of practical use for a black country boy I suppose but it’s more Welsh than I was ever taught as a kid!

1 Like

Grand so. We’ll give it a shot in the not-too-distant future (insha’allah!). :sunny:

I would love to see this happen. I’ve been singing in Cymraeg to our four-month-old girl a lot lately about liking to drink milk, being tired, and wanting to sleep, but it would be good to branch out a bit farther.

1 Like

I would like to know practical terms For tasks such as nappy changing and using the potty. Thanks In advance!

1 Like

Yeah the kind of things that you’re probably not going to get a reply to (baby is likely just to cry in response), but that you want to sound natural when you say them anyway.