Spoke for an hour!

Well, Week 23 of the 6-Month SSiW course and we had to speak for a whole hour in Welsh for this week’s talking assignment. I’ve just done it - thank you so much @AlanP - and we were also asked to provide feedback.

So firstly I would say that until a few weeks ago I would simply not have been able to sustain a conversation for so long. Never mind that it was elementary; we were talking about real things in life and not just “where are you from” and “the pub is on the left”. It also felt, well, natural. Of course, there were times when I had to pause to think of the word needed, and there were many words that I heard but didn’t know, but much of the time it was just coming out effortlessly. It was a real continuous chat. My main problem is a rather limited vocabulary.

I won’t deny - it was exhausting, and we both chilled out afterwards with a brief chat in English to wind down, but we clocked up 60 minutes yn Cymraeg.

It would be easy for me to do the dumb thing and look at the empty half of the glass - but it’s been SO nice getting that glass half full!

25 Likes

Yay llongyfarchiadau! That’s excellent! :tada:

3 Likes

Da iawn ti! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A real achievement, well done!

2 Likes

Wow, well done.

2 Likes

Well done both of you, thats fantastic.

2 Likes

Fantastic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dyna ffantastig! That’s fantastic! One hour conversation in Cymraeg; I’m envious.

2 Likes

Woah, you are killing the welsh learning - an inspiration to us other learners! Well done mate! Dal ati!

2 Likes

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oh, yes. Definitely to be expected - and the perfect sign that you’re doing the right work… :thumbsup: :trophy: :star2:

1 Like

Great effort , well done.

2 Likes

Wish I had an opportunity like that. I did talk to people every Thursday but that doesn’seem to exist any more- OR HAS THE DAY CHANGED?

MARARET

1 Like

You can talk to people any day and almost any time in the Welsh Speaking Practice group on Slack Margaret - do come and join us!

2 Likes

Thank you, Siaron.

Idid try to do it when Slack came out but couldn’continue… not very good at computers !

I would ike to speak , not just write. Is there a similar course where a group of people talk to each other?

coffin

Margaret

2 Likes

Okay, so more feedback…
This week’s assignment for the 6-month course was TWO one-hour conversations in Cymraeg (video calls in my case). And I was able to! Not trying to show off, but just to let fellow learners know that you get there eventually. A year ago I’d have just blanked out after a few minutes (in fact that’s what happened, as a few of you may remember from Caernarfon… :slight_smile: )

4 Likes