Spenny in Porthmadog

I’m staying Porthmadog for a while and having invested in a cup of coffi at Costa I have found a sip of WiFi in North Wales.

I’d like to hunt out an active meet up so which meetups within sane driving distance (say 45 minutes max) are going?

I’m annoying Aran by refusing to use the new course so I need to get up to speed quickly or he will subject me to another garage of his plans for the future!

Great to see Dee and other familiar faces at Ty Newydd over the weekend.

4 Likes

Pwllheli is the obvious one, although I’m not sure what its current status is - I don’t know how much else we’ve got going on in the north, actually, apart from that. It might work better to try and find a few individuals who’d like to have a regular chat - and on that front, you could ask at the Big Rock Cafe - if it hasn’t changed hands, at least one of the owners there is an SSiWer (although not, I think, a regular forum user). :sunny:

I thought a garage was somewhere you kept cars?!.. :car:

1 Like

Predictive text attempting to be a bit poetic?

2 Likes

If the ‘sip of Wi-fi’ is anything to judge by… :sunny:

2 Likes

“Sip of wi-fi” was a deliberate reference to the coffee shop location. A chair-winning stroke of fat-fingered genius.

3 Likes

Dave Morgan, who runs the Pwllheli meetup, asked me to reinstate it in the list at the end of the email last month, so it should be still running. I’ll PM you his email address Spenny.

(Good to see you in Tŷ Newydd too!)

1 Like

Don’t you remember the A Team? A lot of plans came together in garages…

1 Like

Hmmm, jaaaa, garage is suitable for many things, those creative ones aswell … :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I thought too … when I lived in Australia! I don’t see anyone that keeps a car in their garage round here - they are all too full of other stuff to get a car in :smile:

1 Like

About this time last year I went to a meet-up (not SSiW) at the Big Rock Cafe on a Saturday morning. It ended up being just me and one of the local Welsh tutors, who was kind enough to chat to me for an hour or so over tea and cake. Worth asking in there anyway in case it still happens and more people go? (Worth it for the cake, definitely…)

1 Like

Hi Ian,
Nice to meet you in Pwllheli last Saturday!
Karen
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to meet you too. I’d forgotten what it was like to be surrounded by many conversations - none of which I quite understood - but a friendly group. No doubt see you this weekend. Lots of characters.

2 Likes