Speaking Practice - Welsh for German/Spanish/Eternal Gratitude

Hi,

I’m a newbie on the forums but I’ve been lurking for a couple of months!

I’m doing an Add1Challenge with Welsh starting on Jan 15th (http://add1challenge.com) and so I am looking for lots of speaking practice. I started with Welsh at the end of October and I have done Level 1 of the new course and am working through the old Course 1 to firm up my grammar a bit at the moment. My goal in doing the Add1 is to get comfortably conversational.

I know it’s a bit cheeky for a first post but if anyone is interested in talking please feel free to get in contact. I live in Germany and am normally available late evening and / or weekends.

I’m English but I speak fluent German and reasonably good Spanish so would be willing to offer speaking practice in return to learners of those languages up to intermediate level if you would like!

6 Likes

Helo! I’m interested in your Spanish :smile:

I’ll send you a PM…

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @onomatopoeicowl :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes for you… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks to both of you! I will definitely let you know how it goes. Hoping to get to conversations without stops and English every couple of seconds and take steps on the way to being able to read all that beautiful sounding Welsh poetry, and understand it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am so delighted to be able to codeswitch the odd word into German from a Welsh sentence where I am struggling with a circumlocution for an essential vocab item I am missing…

I’ll be a bit of a slippery customer to catch at the moment because I am buzzing around like the proverbial blue-bottomed fly (ok then blue-arsed fly, but I now notice this is quite an old conversation…

Bist du noch da? Hast du noch irgendwelche Interesse daran?

Hoffentlich, doch! Lorna - all of a fluster at the prospect of making Welsh -German connections, right now in mis Hydref / mis Tagwedd 2018…