Southampton, Winchester, Salisbury meetup

Anyone interested in a week day evening meeting in one of these areas to suit travel? I live in Romsey
(mike@bpe-ds.com)

1 Like

Hi Mike. I live in Portsmouth so Iā€™d make Southampton easily. Iā€™ve always thought ā€œThe Hobbitā€ might be interestingā€¦

1 Like

Hi Mike,

I live in Basingstoke so Winchester would be a bit better for me but Southampton would work too.

Thanks

Annwyl Mike,
Da iawn! I could certainly make it to Salisbury.
Cofion,
Nefyn.

I live in East Hants and am interested in getting to a group either in Winchester or Southampton. Please keep me posted.

Can I suggest that everyone sends me their email address. Iā€™ll set up a group mail such that we can settle on a location and a night. Mike@bpe-ds.com

Hi Joe,
there is already a Welsh group in Basingstoke (QMC: Tues 7.15-9 pm), although itā€™s not a SSIW one.

Hi Mike,
Iā€™m not currently able to attend the Basingstoke group, so Iā€™d also potentially be interested in another group in Winchester.

Cofion gorau
Karen

A first meeting is planned on the 16th April at the Cart and horses Kings Worthy at 7 pm.

2 Likes

A brief update for those who previously expressed an interest and for anyone new, a small group now meet in the Winchester area (Cart and Horses Kings Worthy) fortnightly on Thursdays, even weeks of the year.

1 Like

Hi Mike, are meetings still going ahead as previous post?
Happy New Year!

Hi Gary,
Yes there is a two weekly meet up in the cart and horses in Kings Worthy. Two of us meet regularly and a third is expected to be joining. Next meeting is the 7th Jan although we normally confirm nearer the date as we are such a small group.
Happy New Year to you too!
Mike

Hi Mike,
Iā€™ll pop this in the email this week with a mention to leave a message for you here and perhaps a few more might be interested in joining you.
Dee

Hyfryd! May I join you this Thursday?

Ok course! 7 pm, normally in the area to the right of the bar. Karen and I will be there at least. Mike

Ardderchog! Looking forward to meeting you.

Bore da!

Roedd y cyfarfod clwb Cymraeg neithiwr yn ardderchog! 'Dwiā€™n edrych ymlaen iā€™r nesaf!

Hwyl

Louise

1 Like

Oedd eā€™n :smile:

Yn fy nosbarth yr wythnos 'ma, soniodd fy nhiwtor i o wefan diddorol iawn:
http://www.cysgliad.com/cysill/arlein/

Dych chiā€™n teipio testun i mewn iā€™r bocs, clicio ā€˜gwirioā€™ ac mae eā€™n ffindio camgymeriadau.

Karen

1 Like

Hiya,

Could you please let me know if you still meet fortnightly in Winchester?
Iā€™m based in Southampton and desperately trying to get some practice.

Iā€™m only a beginner, I started learning through SSIW about 11 months ago. I am half way through course 3 but would welcome any opportunity to experience live language.

If you wouldnā€™t mind someone like me joining in, Iā€™d love to come, even if only to listen in.
Could you please let me know?

Thank you,
Litah

Hi Litah, as it happens Iā€™ve just had an email from @mikebrown confirming those fortnightly meetups are still happening. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be more than welcome.

Dee

2 Likes

Ahem. If youā€™re half-way through Course 3, you are far, far from a beginner! :star:

And if youā€™ve done that in 11 months, youā€™re going at a superb rate - and you just need to put yourself in a few ā€˜no choice but to speak Welshā€™ situations for you to discover just how much youā€™ve achievedā€¦ :star2:

2 Likes