Photos of *Welsh Weekend in Caernarfon* 24-26 January keep an eye out for the next one

Gwych! Diolch Nia!
Great! Thanks Nia!

Mae’n flin 'da fi i bawb am anghofio’r Saesneg y tro diwetha!
Sorry all for forgetting the English last time!

Two of us from CACEN, the SSIW Sussex based group, are coming - Sally and me. Looking forward to meeting you all in Caernarfon!

2 Likes

Da iawn @rhiannon_in_sussex Ble chi’n aros? Edrych mlaen :smile::star:

Shwmae, Nia! Dw i’n aros yn y Travelodge. See you all soon!

1 Like

Hope you’ve all received the e-mail from Gwion.
If you have any questions about the weekend please let me or Gwion know
Edrych mlaen i weld chi gyd yno
Looking forward to seeing you all there

I will post some information about the people we’ve invited for the weekend soon :smile:

Thanks @nia.llywelyn! Gwion’s email had gone into my Spam/Junk mail, so people may need to check in there if they don’t think they’ve got it. :slight_smile: Cyffrous iawn iawn!!! :heart_eyes:

some info:
All three participants have been or are involved with the music scene in Wales
Rhys Mwyn was the lead singer with Anrhefn (chaos) a punk band in the 80s, he’s also the presenter of a 3 hour long programme on Radio Cymru on Monday evenings.
He’s also a well known archeologist and has written many books on the welsh landscape.
He has also written an autobiography called ‘Cam o’r tywyllwch’

Aled Roberts is our most enthusiastic Post card Club sender. He has also been involved with Dau Cefn ( an electro 2 man band) and is currently working on another music project.

Barry Jones is the founder member of the popular band ‘Celt’, they still play but he is no longer a member ( in public)
He has written many great songs and he won Can i Gymru with ‘Un Funud Fach’ sang by Bryn Fon.
He also writes for the comedy series ‘Dim Byd’ and he’s the brains behind ‘R’un Spit’ ( A comedy programme following the steps of a Welsh look alike company based in North Wales )

We’re very lucky to have all three supporting the weekend in Caernarfon :star:

1 Like

What’s common between these titles ( books by Rhys Mwyn? We’ll start a mini quiz …image|114x500

Shwmae pawb!
Mae fy lluniao o Gaernarfon penwythnos dysgwr hwn yma
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13Muh0XPqH2fFpV09lDbYIqy97cMszmZD?usp=sharing

Hwyl ,
Gareth

2 Likes

2 Likes

What an amazing weekend we had! :smiley: Thank you to everyone who organised, hosted and contributed to this, everyone who attended, and to the people or Caernarfon for being so friendly, supportive and chatty!! When can we do it again?! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lluniau da!
I’m rubbish at taking ANY pictures, so it’s great to see these. Top weekend!!

Diolch Gareth arall! Roedd y penwythnos yn gwych Joiesi fe yn fawr iawn.
Y Gareth hwn.

Mis Hydref @Cetra neu diwedd Medi?
Gofyn i Gwion :smile:

1 Like

You’re now famous @Cetra! You’ve just been mentioned on Radio Cymru :heart_eyes::star_struck:
(Dros Ginio 27/1/2019) :tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

More photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/photocet/albums/72157712859201403
:camera_flash: (If anyone isn’t happy with their photo on display, gadewch i mi wybod and I’ll remove it quick!) :grinning:

3 Likes

Wow! Missed it - I’m listening to the Celt CD!!! :crying_cat_face: Will try to find it! :smiley:

1 Like

Found it!!! Wow! :heart_eyes:Mentioned by the more famous Jonathan Simcock :star_struck: - Diolch Jonathan!! Everyone I spoke to in Caernarfon knew Jonathan! As soon as I said I lived in Derbyshire then next question was “Wyt i’n nabod Jonathon Simcock?!” I was very proud to be able to say I do! (I mean Ydw!) :grinning:

2 Likes

Roeddwn i’n meddwl fy mod i wedi gweld Aled yn rhywle o’r blaen! Ond roedd i’n meddwl mai hwn oedd e. https://youtu.be/eYYUAib5EWo oh well!

Ffilm newydd…

Topical iawn!
2 Likes