*Sold Out!* Bwtcamp 21-28 April 2018!

I know a great dog groomer near Newcastle Emlyn… he may be able to look after your dog while you are at bwtcamp?

Not sure what happened but I think I’m going to bwt camp

2 Likes

It’ll be great @Macky!

1 Like

Two dogs, large, one nervous!

Hendrik

I don’t mind going over that way. But if @johndray is passing through at the right time that would be fine too.

Lynne

Hello fellow Bwtcampers
My place was confirmed yesterday so here’s my first task.

My name is Philip but everyone knows me as Macky. I was born and bred in Milford Haven Pembs but as my surname suggests my father comes from co Mayo in Ireland.

I have wanted to speak welsh for a very long time and have tried to learn before. SSIW seems to be tailor made for my brain. by the end of this year I would like to be able to converse only in welsh to my grandchildren.

I play guitar in a band called The Pennysows. We once recorded a record that I’d written in welsh, paying homage to my then tutor (who despite the constraints of course we were on) managed to make things interesting and stick, Sadly night classes were not for me.

Lastly I have an amateur interest in birdwatching. I hope that’s all the questions answered.

I will be travelling from Milford Haven and am happy to pick one or two people up on the way. I don’t mind setting off a bit earlier and turning off the beaten track.
Not sure if a guitar is still required. I can bring one if necessary?

See you on Saturday.

7 Likes

I don’t know if @iestyn has been successful, so if you could bring one anyway, that would be fantastic! Diolch yn fawr!
(And if we end up having two guitars at our disposal, even better, then we can play together :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Will add it to my packing list. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apparently the UK is basking in sunshine today. Clearly Ceredigion has left the UK.

(Sun is forecast for Saturday)

2 Likes

It’s blue sky out there now - looking glorious. That’s just our early morning atmospheric mist :smile:

1 Like

Aberaeron mewn heulwen am 14:00 heddiw.

2 Likes

Loads of visitors there expecting a sunny day. Inland is sunny.

Well, here’s a photo of Llandysul this afternoon when I went for a walk

5 Likes

Yes, inland was sunny. I think the sea fog is supposed to burn off tomorrow.

fog gone

5 Likes

Seem to have survived! Home now… or was all that amazing fun a dream. Dw i’n meddwl it happened.

9 Likes

Managed to SSIW in the shop this afternoon.

8 Likes

After the bŵtcamp, what has changed for you? I found that I was counting reps in the gym in Cymraeg.
What are your changes?

8 Likes

Shmae John! My girlfriend has a bit of Welsh and when I arrived back on Saturday my mind was having to decide which language to use each time I wanted to say something. Still hasn’t quite worn off yet! I’m also finding myself thinking in Welsh a lot more too!

7 Likes

I’m still feeling quite tired tbh. Back in Barry this morning. I find myself still using ond in my English conversations and can’t wait for the next proper welsh convo which should be on Wednesday.

7 Likes