So, anyway

Well you are progressing faster than i did so will catch up soon i think.

Croeso i’r clwb crwban cymraeg - welcome to the welsh tortoise club.
(could be a fun name for skype sessions).

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

I find it very hard too, in truth, especially where it imitates the spoken language.

Thank you:) A wonderful name indeed, I love tortoises. And snails, they are amazing. I have 20.

4 Likes

You’re dangerously at the ground I was … don’t “torture” yourself, please.

4 Likes

Your standards are so very high - it makes the mountain look so much higher than it actually is. Relax, have confidence and remember you are already an accomplished linguist. Imagine what we other mortals have to do just to barely keep up with you. You take to Welsh so naturally one still suspects you have a Celtic ancestor,

Justin

5 Likes

A particularly excellent tutor told me once that people who are accustomed to using language in a professional capacity are always particularly hard on themselves when they’re going through the learning process - but that if they keep going, they always end up proficient users of the new language - their very sensitivity to language makes the journey more frustrating, but the outcome more rewarding.

Don’t compare yourself to others - you don’t know what their stories are - compare yourself to where you were a year ago… :sunny:

10 Likes

Thank you everyone for your kind support:) I’m aware that we shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves, but it’s just not so easy to get rid of the feeling that I’m not working quite as much as I should be. (the feeling everyone who did a degree in teaching is very accustomed to).

4 Likes

I believe we should talk again soon … we didn’t for quite a while. :slight_smile: I don’t speak as good as you do and even less I (sometimes) understand as much so it might be helpful. :slight_smile: