Shw'mae

Shw’mae, fforwm! Dysgais i Gymraeg yn yr ysgol ond nawr dw i wedi anghofio bopeth, llawer o’r geiriau, llawer o’r gramadeg…

Hoffwn i ddweud yn Gymraeg, ‘We hope you enjoy your breakfast’. Dw i’n credu ei fod… ‘Ydyn ni gobeithio nes di mwynhaw dy frecwast’.

Gallwch chi helpu?Ydy hi’n iawn?

Diolch, Hywel

5 Likes

S’mae Hywel, and welcome to the forum! We usually keep to English here so that all our new learners feel comfortable asking questions too… :slight_smile:

If this is talking about something which is about to happen - they’re about to have breakfast - you’d usually hear something like ‘Gobeithio byddwch chi’n mwynhau eich brecwast/Gobeithio byddi di’n mwynhau dy frecwast’ - ‘gobeithio wnest ti fwynhau dy frecwast’ would be ‘Hope you enjoyED your breakfast’… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah all understood, aran, and apologies! I can do English too! Thanks very much for the quick response! Really appreciated!!

That all makes sense, I can remember it now :slight_smile:.

H

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Hywel! It certainly doesn’t look to me as if you’ve “wedi anghofio bopeth” :wink: I’m sure you’ll soon get back up to speed!

2 Likes

Thanks, Siaron, I’m rusty at best! Thanks for taking the time to reply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shwmae a croeso! :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome Hywel!! All the best with your learning/revising!! :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Hywel! :slight_smile: Lots of friendly people here, so come back with questions anytime!

3 Likes