Share some good news

Or Whitchurch, Cardiff (about 5 minutes from me)…

And a good news story from me…

Went to work, no special aspirations for the day. Kicked off by starting a conversation in Welsh and then listened to an entire summary of someone else’s day in Welsh. Followed it up by bumping into someone else and had a ten minute conversation (mostly) in Welsh about life the universe and everything. We decided that my Welsh had probably come along far enough to let us hold the first ten minutes of our next work meeting in Welsh just to see how much I followed.

This is definitely linked to the lovely comments from David and Andy that helped put my doldrums in perspective - everyone benefits from a little encouragement.

So, diolch i chi. Onwards and upwards… :slight_smile:

:seren:

Hi Andy and Steve. It is Whitchurch Cardiff, or Eglwys Newydd yng Gaerdydd. Great to know you had such a positive experience in Welsh Steve. Everything looks, smells, feels, and sounds better in Welsh.
Dai ( as I am on course 3 I use the shortened form !!!)

Shame, we could have got together to chat!

Mike Ellwood Nothing to do with SSiW really, but I was pleasantly surprised to receive an invitation to a “bilingual Welsh-English lunchtime garden party” this coming Saturday. […]

Just to follow this up:Roedd o’n profiad diddorol iawn.

Not all were Welsh speakers, but those who were were in general much better than me, but that was OK and I learned from listening, but spoke as well. Fascinating to meet someone there from Patagonia, although his story is too complicated for me to do it justice here. Fingers crossed, may have found some new siarad Cymraeg partners. I managed to get in at least a few name checks for SSiW.