Saying hello

(Sorry, I can’t work out how to quote your bit, Aran, so I’m writing it out)

‘Why does it seem like such a leap?’

I’m not sure. Maybe it’s because I never expected to get to the end of course one. It’s required a huge effort. I’m probably wanting to do the equivalent of lying down and catching my breath after a hard physical work out:)

I will take your advice, gird my mental loins p, and carry on…

1 Like

How about: you just spent all morning digging the garden, and now you get to plant some seeds? Or you’ve done all the wallpaper stripping, filling and sanding, and now you get to paint the walls?

(I’m desperately trying to think of another metaphor that doesn’t include chores/jobs - but I do think those are the fun bits!)

1 Like

Here it is @franhunni a little something (no they’re actually step by step instructions) on how to quote.

Enjoy quoting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You sound as though you’ve got some good self-understanding going on there - it’s definitely a psychological thing rather than based on the content of the lessons themselves… :sunny:

It certainly takes a huge effort to acquire a new language - so you’ve done fantastically to get this far. But you’ll definitely benefit more from Level 2 than from Course 1… :sunny:

Thank you Tatjana:)

Okay, you’ve convinced me! I’ve signed up and am good to go.
(I might just carry on with Course 1 as well because, in the words of Malcolm Muggeridge 'I’ve started so I’ll finish")

1 Like

It might be fun for you to try a real romp through it, no pause button, just go as fast as possible, on the grounds that it doesn’t really matter…:wink:

Oh my goodness. I’ve just untangled my tongue and cleared my throat. L2.1 was the most challenging, pronunciation wise, since I started learning. But I’m up and running again…

2 Likes

A month from now, you’ll wonder what the fuss was…:wink:

1 Like