Sacramento, California meetup

Hello!

If anyone in Northern California is interested in an in-person meetup/ Welsh speaking practice, there is one scheduled for this

Thursday, February 28th at 5:00pm

Fair Oaks Coffee House
10223 Fair Oaks Blvd
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
United States

I am meeting up with the president of the Welsh-americans of Northern California, (his name is Wade). He is inviting a couple Welsh speakers he knows, in the area, but so far it could just be the two of us! He teaches and speaks northern Welsh. I just finished lesson 10 of southern Welsh. We hope to make this an ongoing meetup.

I’ll tag the couple people who I know are in the area. If there’s anyone else who might be interested, please show them this post.

@sasha-lathrop @jasoncrow

3 Likes

The first meetup was quite fun! There were 3 of us there. And 4 of us already on board for the next meetup. This time at a pub.

If you want to join:

Thursday, March 14th @ 5pm
Pitch and Fiddle
8704 La Riviera Dr.
Sacramento, California, United States

3 Likes

I’m impressed by your enthusiasm, @katie-13, organising a meet-up in California, so early in your Welsh journey! :fireworks::tada::boom:

3 Likes

Superb result! Well done you, Katie - absolutely fantastic.

I’d love to see this become a long-term regular meetup - it could form a central plank in my long-running campaign to get Catrin to agree to a round-the-world trip to visit SSiW meetups… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I don’t get there first. When I finish (any minute now) my ‘talking Welsh to people in 20 different countries’ challenge, the obvious next step will be to go to 20 different countries to talk Welsh…

5 Likes

@aran that is a great idea! :grinning:please visit. I can help organize a bwtcamp here if more people want to visit. :slightly_smiling_face:

@BronwenLewis thanks! I’d like to dive in as much as I can. :slight_smile: I hope I can make a trip to Wales happen this summer. If not, next year!!

3 Likes

We had a fun meetup at the pub!

The next meetup in Sacramento is planned for

Wednesday, March 27th @ 5pm
Selland’s Market Cafe
915 Broadway
Sacramento, California

2 Likes

Awesome work. I’m unreasonably delighted that we have a Sacramento meetup… :slight_smile: :star: :star2:

2 Likes