Running a conversation group

annwyl Aran,
aethon ein gyfarfod ni yn wir. Fe fyddyn ni parhau i cyfarfod a pob mis.
phwy, end of translation!

So, now we’re off would you kindly advertise the:
East Sheen, Richmond upon Thames Welsh conversation group. Second Wednesday of every month in the Hare and Hounds Upper Richmond Road West SW14 8AH. All abilities welcome. Contact Sheelagh via SSIW or check on Streetlife!

Diolch yn fawr iawn, Sheelagh

1 Like

Aeth y gyfarfod cytaf yn iawn. Pedwair poble cymraeg: digon o sgwrs a chwerthin.
thank you all for your encouragement. Abilities ran from me at level 1 to a gentleman who is a professional translator. What I loved was hearing 2 people find they had a common friend! Just like being back in my home town of Cydweli where strangers were quizzed until a mutual relationship was found !.’ Next meeting 9th November. Hwyl, Sheelagh

3 Likes

Hi Ian
You would be most welcome to join us,but it is quite a way from Cheltenham. I know a near fluent Welsh speaker in Cheltenham who was in the Uwch class with me some time ago in Monmouth.I am sure she would be pleased to get in touch with you. Let me know the best way to do that, and I will forward to her. Alternatively, just come along to the cafe under Malvern library in Graham Road on Thursdays, drop in from 12.30, - could be tomorrow! and we can take it from there…
best wishes
Meirionwen

1 Like

Gwych! Huge congratulations… :star: :star2:

@Deborah-SSi for the next email… :slight_smile:

Hello Meirionwen,

Thank you for your reply and invitation to your group.

I won’t be able to attend immediately because I shall be in Italy for a while yet but I hope to go to Great Malvern when I eventually return.

I’ve been interested in Welsh since the BBC broadcast the news in Welsh all over UK at 1.00 p.m. and taught myself the language as a teenager. I can read and write the language fairly well but I am not so good when it comes to conversation which is why I am interested in your group. I didn’t speak Welsh with anyone until the 80’s when I attended a Welsh evening class when I was living in Leighton Buzzard. In those days I used to read and write a lot in Welsh.

Nevertheless, I have still kept up my interest in the language while in Italy and even successfully helped the daughter of a friend of mine with her doctoral thesis on the Welsh colony in Patagonia.

Anyway, I hope to join your group soon.

Best regards,

Ian

1 Like

Hi Sheelagh,

Just checking for the weekly email - is that going to be at 7pm each month?

Dee

1 Like

wps!! thank you for spotting that. 7pm every month. Diolch y fawr iawn.

1 Like

annwyl Dee,

thank you very much for adding us to the list of monthly meetings. I may have misled you as to the area - it may be better to call it East Sheen/Mortlake as we are two train stops away from Richmond. Second meeting was great - more people though not the same. However no matter how many turn up I’m thrilled that Delyth and I have started this and when I went to the one day class last Saturday at the London Welsh centre I found I felt more fluent and had, by osmosis, learnt some new words. So it is all good news.

Hwy, Sheel

2 Likes