I’m now on lesson 22 in Ch.1 but I am still getting tripped up on the same things from earlier lessons and it’s getting to be really annoying so I need a rant lol
- Why do we sometimes say ‘do’n i ddim’ and other times ‘wnes i ddim’ for I didn’t? (I often get it the wrong way round so is it really ok if I do)
- For some reason unless I physically say I have done/I have learnt I miss out the ‘wedi’
- Word order is usually very straightforward thankfully but I get caught out when using ‘dweud wrth’ with rhywbeth diddorol.
- The whole ‘to tell’ - ‘dweud wrth’ he said/she said my mother/father/brother/sister said.
- Bod/bov/bot/vod/bo - ‘that’
- Past tense of ‘want’ with he/she/I/my father etc
- I shouldn’t - ddylen i ddim, changes to na ddylen i ddim - is the na another version of bod/bot/vod etc?
- The differences in ‘need to’ with various people
- the various softening of words after vowels (I think)
- The fact that there is no specific word for yes and no, it throws me every time and those little words can mess up a whole sentence lol.
- Lesson 22 is what has prompted me to write this post, I don’t get why we say ‘does neb yn moyn’ for nobody wants when I thought it would just be neb yn moyn.
And I’m now thrown by Did you have? (get) in 16 - Gest ti? and have you had? - wytti wedi cael’ but I suppose like the rest of the lessons I will soon get used to it.
Rant over, thanks and if anyone can offer and enlightenment/hints/tips I will be forever grateful, though I know it’s just a case of practice and I will get used to it eventually.
Diolch yn fawr!