Repeat or push on?

No revision, just keep pushing on? I know that is what the emails say (which I love and they keep me motivated) but it is so hard to fight all those years of being told the best way to study. I’m trying though …:cold_sweat:

You’ll look back and realise how well the course works.

This past two days i have had the opportunity to speak welsh in two cafes. Today was amazing (for me)…i ordered a couple of meals and two coffees, fully expecting that would be all i needed to do. I hadnt realised the meals had options and was asked a couple of questions like a 33rpm record on a 78 setting.

But i managed to answer…same when the meals came…not the hardest of questions but one i understood and answered.

The method works. Stick with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Da iawn Peter . Makes all the hard work worth while doesn’t it

2 Likes

Indeed it does…Monday i’m off to Caernarfon for the day and next weekend to Aberdaron. Should be fun!

2 Likes

Since I’ve started learning Welsh it’s made me want to see a lot more of Wales. Thinking of taking a trip to some Welsh speaking areas down in South Wales . There is so much of Wales I haven’t seen yet .

3 Likes

It’s hard to accept when you’re new to it - don’t worry, we get that! - but it really is worth pushing yourself on this, because what’s trying to trip you up is your school-created belief that you don’t know something until you have perfect control over recall - which just isn’t how memory formation actually works.

If you push on, you’ll get the revision that you need, automatically, in each session - and you’ll end up able to produce what you need on demand far faster than if you fall into the trap of doing each session multiple times… :slight_smile:

And remember, once you get to the end of a course/level, you can always go back to the beginning (but at that point, you’ll discover that the first sessions have become far too easy for you!)…

2 Likes