'Reaching a million Welsh speakers is within our reach'

It looks like you posted at the same time as @AnthonyCusack above @henddraig . It appears that S4C is definitely in the plans so far, so the wisest course of action is probably to remain vigilant and watch for evidence of it happening. We can easily ask a politican to investigate if S4C doesn’t seem to be benefitting, but for the moment perhaps a positive comment on social media would be one step, e.g. stating how great it is that S4C is being included in the plans and we look forward to viewing the results.

1 Like

Could you or someone else in Wales send that? From Yr Alban it would not make the same impression!

Actually, I think it might make a greater impression - showing that S4C is not just a small channel only of interest to people in Wales - but ideally, as we’re talking about children’s programmes, parents would be the best people to show their keen for S4C to develop in that way.

I wonder if @cat-1 would be interested?

I suspect it’s going to be a grant system which the production companies apply to. In which case it’s not about sharing it out to S4C it’s encouraging S4C to spread the word to companies that will them work with them to produce programmes. I doubt C4, C5, I TV and S4C will be handed a 1/4 of the money, it’ll more application based

I wonder if @siaronjames can advise on this?

Nothing more than we know already from these posts has filtered down to me yet. Of course, we’re always pitching for programmes across all genres, and some get commissioned and some don’t - but those of us on the ‘shop floor’ generally aren’t involved in all the ins-and-outs of which pot the funding comes from. All I can say is that you can be certain that management will be keeping an eye on this!

As it happens, Cwmni Da does have a new childrens series for S4C in production right now, but I don’t know whether this had/has anything to do with this new fund.

5 Likes

No official mention but I think I know a certain language course that just may have had a hand in this?

9 Likes

I’m 100(0) % positive this is so!!! Da iawn ni!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes