Pump ar Ddydd Mawrth / Five for Tuesday 06/11/2018 5️⃣

Sorry to have missed last Friday, the kids were home on half term holiday and this place was a little chaotic! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So here’s a better late than never set of questions…

1) When did you last take a gamble with anything?

2) What’s your favourite comfort viewing and what would you chose to snack on and sip whilst watching?

3) What was once impossible which is now possible?

4) Where do you need to restore balance?

5) I’ve come to the conclusion, that living out in the sticks with two kids and a big dog, life would be so much easier with two leather sofas rather than the two fabric ones we currently have. What’s on the top of your ‘make life easier’ list?

6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…

1 Like

I applied for a job I didn’t really want, hoping that things would turn out better than expected. So far so good.

2) What’s your favourite comfort viewing and what would you chose to snack on and sip whilst watching?

Stand up comedy. Fortunately there’s so much available on line that if it turns out to be a disappointing performance you can just move on to the next one. I don’t really do snacking, though I bought some hickory-smoked almonds lately that were nice. Drink would be Welsh Pale by the Glamorgan Brewing Company, Llantrisant : Magical stuff!

Good, proper beer being trendy?

I think I may be drinking too much Welsh Pale.

5) I’ve come to the conclusion, that living out in the sticks with two kids and a big dog, life would be so much easier with two leather sofas rather than the two fabric ones we currently have. What’s on the top of your ‘make life easier’ list?

I always seem to be in the wrong town. This evening I need to cycle from Llanidloes to Rhaeadr where I left my car, then drive to Llandrindod, get changed, and then drive onwards to Llanwrtyd via Builth for a meeting. A rapid transport system for our little towns stuck out here in the middle would be great. Like that supersonic tube loop thing they’re proposing for Los Angeles/San Fransisco. If you could get it sorted by this time next year, that would be great.

Must I? Yes, apparently.

2 Likes

I’m currently hoping that we’ll get a roofer to come and check our roof before we actually drown. If we drown, it will be my fault, because I vetoed Catrin’s excited plan to cover the roof with a plastic sheet.

Mmmm. Steward Lee is my favourite comedian, but my favourite comfort viewing is almost certain Big Bang Theory, or the beginning of Guardians of the Galaxy II. I’ll have some prosecco, please, and some cashews and avocado. Oh, now I’m hungry.

Replacing our senses with digital input.

With my nine year old teenage daughter.

Central heating.

Will I look back at all this and write a self-deprecating book about it one day?
Probably.

Earlier in the year, I organised a public meeting, along with a friend. Neither of us had done this exact thing before, and we were feeling our way. There were some difficulties, but the gods smiled, and several important factors fell into place (like the speakers we wanted being available at the same time. We were also able to get it recorded by expert professional cameramen, who did it for free, as they were supporters of the issue in question.

We were worried about publicity, but in the end, every seat was taken (admittedly, less than about 150, but the room was full, and some people had to stand).

So, we were lucky, lucky, lucky. Don’t suppose I’ll get that lucky again, doing that sort of thing, but it was nice while it lasted.

Right now, it’s quite often old Postman Pats on Youtube, with our grandson. Lovely, gentle, good-natured stories. Sipping tea or coffee, and nibbling little chunks of cheese.
(If I wasn’t looking after an infant, it might be red wine, or I just watched a youtube vid with a guy demonstrating that cranberry juice and vodka can make a quite good red wine substitute! :wink: ). Definitely one I’m going to try when my self-imposed alcohol ban is over. :slight_smile:

(Apart from its other problems, apparently, alcohol is really not good for gentlemen of a certain age in the gentleman-hormone department…aaaarrrgh!)

Well, speaking (some) Welsh is one obvious answer.

In the physical-exercise vs sitting-on-my-pen-ol at-the-computer department, probably. :wink:

Having less clutter. Much easier said than done, in my case.

“Why, oh why, Delilah?”
“If you have to ask, I’m certainly not going to tell you!” flounce

3 Likes