1) When did you last take a gamble with anything?
Earlier in the year, I organised a public meeting, along with a friend. Neither of us had done this exact thing before, and we were feeling our way. There were some difficulties, but the gods smiled, and several important factors fell into place (like the speakers we wanted being available at the same time. We were also able to get it recorded by expert professional cameramen, who did it for free, as they were supporters of the issue in question.
We were worried about publicity, but in the end, every seat was taken (admittedly, less than about 150, but the room was full, and some people had to stand).
So, we were lucky, lucky, lucky. Don’t suppose I’ll get that lucky again, doing that sort of thing, but it was nice while it lasted.
2) What’s your favourite comfort viewing and what would you chose to snack on and sip whilst watching?
Right now, it’s quite often old Postman Pats on Youtube, with our grandson. Lovely, gentle, good-natured stories. Sipping tea or coffee, and nibbling little chunks of cheese.
(If I wasn’t looking after an infant, it might be red wine, or I just watched a youtube vid with a guy demonstrating that cranberry juice and vodka can make a quite good red wine substitute! ). Definitely one I’m going to try when my self-imposed alcohol ban is over.
(Apart from its other problems, apparently, alcohol is really not good for gentlemen of a certain age in the gentleman-hormone department…aaaarrrgh!)
3) What was once impossible which is now possible?
Well, speaking (some) Welsh is one obvious answer.
4) Where do you need to restore balance?
In the physical-exercise vs sitting-on-my-pen-ol at-the-computer department, probably.
5) I’ve come to the conclusion, that living out in the sticks with two kids and a big dog, life would be so much easier with two leather sofas rather than the two fabric ones we currently have. What’s on the top of your ‘make life easier’ list?
Having less clutter. Much easier said than done, in my case.
6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…
“Why, oh why, Delilah?”
“If you have to ask, I’m certainly not going to tell you!” flounce