Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 29/06/2018

We saw David Byrne in London - was completely fabulous. He is coming back to the UK in the autumn so you still have a chance!

1 Like

Thank you @margaretnock.

Well, since Iā€™ve seen @Nickyā€™s :smile: I understood perfectly his (might be hslf but still) humorous tone so Iā€™ve added my :smile: at the end of my blurting also (why hefyd always comes to my mind when I want to write ā€œalsoā€?) . So I didnā€™t take it all too sirious.

However, I was born and raised in ex Yugoslavia and for those who donā€™t know, we had all total freedom but on the other hand we didnā€™t see even the quarter of the films which were out in the World (even in Europe if I refer back to the discussion about the series White Horses), we didnā€™t read even quarter of the books which are out even now (except you read them in English or other world languages) and we donā€™t know all the stories which might be famous in the World but we might never hear of them. Of course Wizard of Oz is one of those famous ones which is translated into Slovene and is one of those mandatory readings in school but there are many you hold them for well known and this way famous but we might never hear of them. So ā€¦ I might unwillingly look like ā€œcultural swineā€ :slight_smile: not knowing what is trending and what came first, novel or film etc.

So, everything as good and normal as it should and could be. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didnā€™t even know what film/book it was from!!! :smile: Iā€™ve just heard the term ā€œyellow brick roadā€ a lot!!

Hope no offence was taken with any misunderstanding, there certainly was none meant in my reply.

I was just referring to a cultural occurance that happens in the UK where if someone doesnā€™t realise that a film was originally a book they may get a gentle teasing from their friends.

Usually extreme examples like someone I knew once saying ā€œI liked the film Jane Eyre, Have they done a book version?ā€

1 Like

A bit like when they made the film of The Bible back in the '60s. A standard question at the time was: ā€œHave you read the book?ā€ Answer: ā€œNo, but Iā€™ve seen the film.ā€ I suppose since 2013 you could say: ā€œNo, but Iā€™ve seen the mini-series.ā€

2 Likes

Of course not! Life is too short for that! :slight_smile: And ā€¦ Iā€™m not that easily offended as one would think itā€™s just that write something sometimes canā€™t tell everything, especially not our mood.

:slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. What (or who) should I throw on the barbecue this evening?

Burgers, salmon in a foil envelope with lemon and butter and drumsticks.

1. In which ways are you like either of your parents?

Patient as Dad, (almost), as helpful as Mum, look like both, but I have a nasty temper and I talk too much.

1. Whatā€™s in your warm sunny evening playlist?

The Chatta-Nooga-Choo-Choo and similar.

1. Where does your yellow brick road lead to?

An off-grid cottage with a massive hall with a single long table and matching benches along the sides only, that can disappear into the floor and a dais for musicians with a never-ending supply of food from my garden, orchard, bakery, farm and beach, where friends could meet, make merry, dance, sing, compose, play games and be happy. Valhalla meets Stovakor, Tom Bombadil, Rivendell and Shangri-La. But without the fighting and dying every day that goes on in Valhalla and Stovakor.

1. If you could have possession of any pair of tickets right now, be they for travel, entertainment or an event, what would they be?

Travel - Iā€™m planning on visiting my sister in New Zealand in November but Iā€™m struggling to put the money together.

1. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it!

If you had the choice of owning an acre on the moon or an acre on Earth, which would you prefer?

Pointless question really. My favourite quote about ownership comes from Crocodile Dundee:- ā€œTalking about owning land is like two fleas arguing over the dog they live onā€.

2 Likes

Which do you prefer? My current favourite is the Praline. Unless thereā€™s a Raspberry oneā€¦ Oh just give me both pleasešŸ˜¬!

1) What (or who) should I throw on the barbecue this evening?

Sticky ribs, jerk chicken and bananas.

2) In which ways are you like either of your parents?

Iā€™m very much like my Dadā€™s side of the family. I have my dadā€™s red hair, his nose and am very much like his mother - looks and build.Iā€™ll let you know about the longevity bit. My mother has given me a passion for getting up and doing it yourself, for breaking gender traditions and developing a love for power tools, fixing and maintenance, a love for cooking, and an irritating habit of not realising your own limits and keeping going till youā€™re ready to drop.

3) Whatā€™s in your warm sunny evening playlist?

A lovely relaxing classical playlist which Iā€™ve put together and possibly some Astrid Gilberto.

4) Where does your yellow brick road lead to?

In to the wilderness.

5) If you could have possession of any pair of tickets right now, be they for travel, entertainment or an event, what would they be?

An outdoor classical concert of sorts, vocal and orchestral, a green field, a warm evening, some bubbly and an indulgent picnic.

6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it!

I just didā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes