Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 27/04/2015

Friday Five is back after a looooong break…

Today it’s all about the number 3 -

1. List three things that would be part of your ultimate SSiW Bootcamp.

2. What are your 3 favourite Welsh words?

3. Tell us about three things which changed your life for the better.

4. You’re having a dinner party and have three empty seats, who do you invite?

5. Share with us three things you love or three things you hate about where you live.

1) List three things that would be part of your ultimate SSiW Bootcamp.

Bootcampers. Charlotte Church. Penderyn.

2) What are your 3 favourite Welsh words?

Popty-ping. Pendramwnwgl. Iesgob.

3) Tell us about three things which changed your life for the better.

Sticking some mp3 files up on the interwebs to help Welsh learners. Agreeing to help test-drive Pishyn.com. Accepting that it’s up to me whether or not I’m bad-tempered.

4) You’re having a dinner party and have three empty seats, who do you invite?

Somebody who knows how to sell Spanish lessons online. Yanis Varoufakis. Norman Doidge.

5) Share with us three things you love or three things you hate about where you live.

I love the fact that it’s entirely normal to speak Welsh here. I love the views. I love knowing I’m back where my great-grandfather lived.

2 Likes

1) List three things that would be part of your ultimate SSiW Bootcamp.

1. Coffi, 2. Caws, 3. Cwrw

2) What are your 3 favourite Welsh words?

1. Heulwen, 2. Teisen, 3. Smwddio.

3) Tell us about three things which changed your life for the better.

1. Getting my PCV licence, 2. Learning Welsh, 3. Completing bootcamp last year

4) You’re having a dinner party and have three empty seats, who do you invite?

1. Gordon Ramsay, 2. Jamie Oliver, 3. Nigella Lawson - on the condition that they cook the meal first!!!

5) Share with us three things you love or three things you hate about where you live.

1. I love that I currently live in a quiet street with good friends.
  2. I hate that it’s 3-4 hours drive from here to Wales.
  3. I love the fact that I’m leaving here in a couple of months time for sunny Cardiff and the Vale!
1 Like

Aran, Catrin and a great group of bootcampers. Gadlas. Gig yn y gegin.

1. What are your 3 favourite Welsh words?

Gogoneddus. Bonclust. Hwylio.

1. Tell us about three things which changed your life for the better.

Clichéd but learning Welsh and meeting everyone involved with that and especially getting to chat with my dad in his first language. Learning drums when I was younger, that brought me some incredible experiences. Meeting Tracey, which in turn led to having children and the satisfaction of a full life.

1. You’re having a dinner party and have three empty seats, who do you invite?

Ricky Gervais for laughs. Nick Menza for clicks. Isla Fisher for, well, just because.

1. Share with us three things you love or three things you hate about where you live.

Penycae, love the proximity to schools and the quiet street. Wrecsam, hate the reputation and hate that is all around. Wales, love everything, what’s not to love?

3 Likes

Card games. Laughter. New friends!

Iawn. Gwdihŵ. Penwythnos.

Getting the grant that brought me to California for grad school, which lead to me ultimately leaving grad school to chase my dreams!

Accidentally happening upon this SSiW thing, even though it took me a couple years to circle back to it.

Learning at 15 not just how to cook, but that I love to cook for the people I love!

1. You’re having a dinner party and have three empty seats, who do you invite?

If this dinner party is happening in my apartment, I only have room for three other people! Also, I really have no idea because if I’m throwing this party, all the people I really want to have there will be there. :blush:

1. Share with us three things you love or three things you hate about where you live.

San Francisco!

Love the mild weather; hate the lack of thunderstorms!

Love that I can get almost anywhere on public transit; hate the traffic and lack of parking that makes getting places you need to drive to a nightmare.

Love that beautiful hiking is never far away!

3 Likes

I have never been to bootcamp but here is my penny’s worth-

1: private rooms, i.e. bootcamp attitude to the no English but not bootcamp sleeping arrangements!
2: Singing sessions of Welsh songs/ music
3: Good friendly company

siriol, swci, ymlacio

1: meeting Owain (Lurch) 10 years ago,
    2: Rescuing a cat 4 years ago, who is a wonderful swci,
    3: and I have to say learning Welsh too, it has changed my life in so many ways!

2. You’re having a dinner party and have three empty seats, who do you invite?
    Michael Sheen, Dewi Pws and Iolo Williams.

3. Share with us three things you love or three things you hate about where you live.

Swansea- 1: Great position, city by the sea, close to the Gower and the Brecon Beacons.
2: Friendly people
3: And I love the way Swansea changes when the sun comes out!

2 Likes
  1. Dunno. Not really thought about it. Could I bring my dog?
  2. Adeiladu, gwleidyddiaeth, llall
  3. Getting into playing music in my teens, i’m still geeking out now. Getting a ‘proper’ job then meeting Mrs Shak whose virtues compensate for my fecklessness. And that lead to kids, grandkids, dogs. Blydi nora.
  4. Yanis Varoufakis, deffo. Michael Foot, james Jamerson. Those two might be a bit quiet😜
  5. Hills and chance to run with dog. Train to Manchester. Dw i’n mynd i losgi neuadd y pentre (eto)
1 Like

[quote=“catrinlliarjones, post:1, topic:2243”]

1. List three things that would be part of your ultimate SSiW Bootcamp. [/quote]

Music, pretty views, English :smile:

You think I know three? :open_mouth:
Sbwriel, cwtch, twp.

TKD, my PhD supervisor and MrsWondersheep’s brownies. Or maybe MrsWondersheep.

My wife and my parents? Some friends? My brother’s family? I care about those folks much more than people I’ve never met.

I’m near my family, I’m comfortable, and I’m home. All love, naturally.

1 Like