1) I’m personally not in to this premature decorating thing, despite having a sister who’s tree went up over a week ago. Where do you stand on the whole ‘let’s kick off Christmas’ business?
Somewhere between “do it at the last minute” and “do it quick to get it out of the way”
When there were small children living in the house, I guess we made more of it for their sake.
Now there is a small child around some of the time (not actually living with us), maybe we will make more effort again, although bearing in mind he’s still at the age where everything in reach (and not quite in reach!) is explored, and preferably tasted!
2) In which ways do you make friends with this cold season and own it like a boss?
Cold weather or cold annwyd? (Deliberately ambiguous, no doubt… ).
Well the cold weather seems to be owning me like a slave at the moment, so I’m not doing very well so far.
3) When were you last greatly relieved at being able to excuse yourself from something you were dreading?
The details are boring, but it involved not having to go out in the cold weather!
4) Name one way in which you were proud of yourself this week and one way in which you were disappointed in yourself?
As only a partly reformed sugarholic (and one is never totally cured, just like alcohol), I allowed myself a couple of gratuitous sugar hits this week. That was the disappointment.
And while I wouldn’t use the word “proud”, I did make myself available to help someone this week which required some effort.
5) Why does it have to be this way?
That’s the thing: it just doesn’t.
6) Make up your own culture related Friday Five question and answer it…
Bending it slightly (to fit my prejudices…well who else’s prejudices would I prefer? ),
Q: Which Welshman changed the culture of public health in the UK, if not forever, then for at least several generations?
A: The answer lies in this radio programme:
(Favourite DJ! pah! Evidently written by someone who thinks radio is only about music - sorry, another of my prejudices showing…).