1) What do you listen to/watch/do when you really need to relax and chill out.
I probably don’t listen to music as much as I should / would like to these days, but recently, I’ve been catching up again with Bach’s music transcribed for classical guitar, especially as played by Andres Segovia (one genius interpreted by another), especially the Chaconne in D minor ((Violin Partita No. 2 BWV 1004)).
On Youtube, there is also a version by a gentleman named John Feeley, played in a Methodist church in Rathgar, which is also very good.
The nice thing about Bach is that you can do almost anything to his music, and it still sounds great (e.g. Swingle Singers; Jacques Loussier. I also stumbled on this video recently:
See the comments for a track list, then checkout “Deconstructing Johann” - It’s hilarious ).
2) The children are currently working towards their next karate grading. Are you currently working towards a goal? No matter how big or small.
Another weight loser (and gainer!) here.
3) We attend Karate in Llanberis and the sight of the Wyddfa never ceases to take my breath away - it’s appearance changes so dramatically with changes in weather and climate. What is the last sight that truly took your breath away?
We did a winter cruise around the Norwegian coast, from Bergen up as far as Kirkenes on the Russian border a couple of years ago. That was a series of fairly breathtaking views. We did the summer version of that cruise last year, and that was equally awesome.
4) The warm sun we had today had me dreaming of the summer - cooking in the garden and sitting out around the fire watching the stars. What are you most looking forward to with the change of the season?
Just being able to walk outside without worrying about “wrapping up warmly”.
But especially looking forward to the sights and scents of spring, and the long, long days to come.
5) What do you have planned for the weekend?
A walk around Radley Lakes, hopefully; partly recce-ing a walk for a Nordic Walking group I go walking with, and partly just for me, for fun.