Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 21/06/2019 5️⃣

Bore da! I hope you are all well and have an enjoyable weekend planned. :smiley:

1) Is love the answer?

2) What’s the last thing you binge watched and why?

3) I find myself opposite you in a 30 second speed dating slot. What do you choose to tell me about yourself?

4) What it the one most liberal/hippy thing about you and what is the one most straight/conservative thing about you?

5) Name three things you could be an anorak about.

Feeling generous, so…

6) Name a random item on your to-do list

7) I’m coming to visit you and we’re going to sit soft with good coffee and chat - what do we talk about?

8) Aran is currently sitting opposite me wearing his Father’s Day t’shirt with the lyric ‘If you tolerate this, then your children will be next .’ across the front. If you could choose any lyric or quote to put on a t’shirt what would it be?

Hi 1) Is love the answer?

:thinking:Depends on the question.

Yes. :smiley:

Whatever the question. :+1:

2) What’s the last thing you binge watched and why

I’m watching Star Trek Voyager, because the good guys come out on top, because it’s good entertainment and I’ve liked all the Star Trek spin-offs.

3) I find myself opposite you in a 30 second speed dating slot. What do you choose to tell me about yourself?

Take me as you find me and I hope you’ll find I’m worthwhile.

4) What it the one most liberal/hippy thing about you and what is the one most straight/conservative thing about you?

I try to remember to treat everyone with dignity.
The Ten Commandments are a good way to “Keep Calm and Carry On”.

Steam trains.
Tolkien.
Jesus.

Feeling generous, so…

Go to Iceland to experience the Aurora Borealis.

7) I’m coming to visit you and we’re going to sit soft with good coffee and chat - what do we talk about?

Why the sky is so blue, why fairies, guess what film Pixar bring out next and why my granddaughter is so lovely.

8) Aran is currently sitting opposite me wearing his Father’s Day t’shirt with the lyric ‘If you tolerate this, then your children will be next .’ across the front. If you could choose any lyric or quote to put on a t’shirt what would it be?

Iaith - craidd calon cenedl.

Just made that up. (I like alliteration)

Or :-
Iaith - canol calon cenedl.

(I like anagrams, too.)

1 Like

I love this about you. X

1 Like

Diolch @CatrinLliarJones :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1) Is love the answer?

Always unless it’s 42

Chernobyl on sky. It’s a 5 part HBO series about the disaster and it’s fantastic telly. Really moving and a bit like the Titanic, catalogue of errors

“there’s so much more to learn and enjoy together than 30 seconds”

I am an ally of the LGBTQ+ network in the NHS (still am even though I’ve left)
I always take part in an event to commemorate America’s Memorial Day

1. Diet
  2. The American Civil War
  3. Harry Potter

Feeling generous, so…

I don’t really have to do lists.
But…
Rewash the washing we left in the machine overnight.

All Under One Banner

I’m not a religious person but I love the Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Less serious: “We learnt more from a 3 minute record than we ever learned in school”

1) Is love the answer?
Sort of, but it’s not much without friendship.

Fleebag, everyone who’s seen it will know why. It’s a full on beast of a programme. It’s got everything.

Before that was After Life by Ricky Gervais, I’m a big fan of his and this latest series doesn’t disappoint.

I’ll choose to remind you that your husband is a mate of mine so what are you doing in a speed dating slot?

I’ve grown to hate the meat industry.
I don’t break rules.

Pre-1988 Iron Maiden.
Drums.
The Life of Brian.

Feeling generous, so…

Retire. The rest of my to-do list will then get done. :wink:

Food, all conversations with me usually turn to food in the end so we may as well start off talking about it.:joy:

Stop! Listen!
Taste the fruit!

3 Likes

Noswaith dda.

I’m well, thank you and with no weekend plans at all as always …

:heart:

Because I absolutely love the song. It’s the masterpiece because the man and the woman sing the different text simultaniously what should be prety hard to comprehand with. The song sings about the boy who has to say goodbye to his girl but she just can’t forget him …

Movie? I didn’t wathc any movie or anything like that for quite a while. Has to be several years or so.

You wouldn’t like to sit oposite me, believe me. :slight_smile:

I probably am not that extreme in any way. The things depend on the mood I’m in …

Everything and nothing at the same time … There are too many things I’m interested in.

Get retired all the way. It’s nearing in and that’s what I’m happy about.

We wouldn’t sit but probably go around … You don’t come to Slovenia every day … . and here’s so much to see.

2 Likes

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes!

No, no, no!

I have an old vinyl copy of The Number of the Beast somewhere. It’s our school reunion tonight - I think the DJ might be getting a few requests… :joy:

1 Like

I understand he’s a bit like Marmite, love him or hate him. :grinning:

Get a mosh pit started!!

1 Like

1) Is love the answer?
It also helps to have a pure heart full of goodness (though love is easier).

I have watched the 20th June edition of Pobol y Cwm five times. Originally to at least understand one sentence of what was being said but in the end to marvel at Kelly’s amazing performance (standing by the coffin of the husband who tried to kill her).

That I was rejected by the previous candidate despite going on about love, a pure heart and being full of goodness.

Liberal - not following the rules
Conservative - telling everyone else to follow the rules

Plastic versus copper pipework
Push versus compression fittings
Finding an electrician in London

Finish off installing my new shower.

The person who rejected me at the speed dating thingy.

Calon Lan yn Llawn Daioni

1 Like

…another outing for the party dress!

I don’t have it with me. It’s following hard on the heels of my trip to Ireland, so I have only jeans, my Wonder Woman Converse and a long-sleeved T-shirt that loudly proclaims ‘I Rock What I Got’. I don’t feel that I do.

1 Like

Plastic versus copper pipework.

Tsk, tsk. I still have my Cu pipe bending spring, my pipe cutter, flux, solder and wire wool. (Never did trust those new fangled pre-soldered joints.) We could have such a buzz in our respective anoraks - mine’s a faded sky blue and about 60 years old. :laughing:

1 Like

‘I Rock What I Got’. I don’t feel that I do.

I beg to differ. :smile:

1 Like

1) Is love the answer?
It’s worth a try
Original Blues Brothers - I’ve just watched it two nights on the trot - my favourite song is still “Think” by Aretha Franklin (sadly missed)
“I’m your 2nd dad for goodness sake - this is just TOO weird”
I still believe that bad grammar in public deserves a short prison sentence. Hrumpppph :wink:

Plumbing (see my recent exchange with @peterallen )
Grammar - it was thrashed into me in a Scottish school in the 50s and 60s
Cheffy gadgets such as my sous vide kit and cold smoking apparatus

Visit South America
Me and then what you think about me
I’d borrow Chris’s which says - /(bb|[^b]{2})/
(hint: Shakespearean scholars should have no problem with this)

5 Likes

Aw, shucks, Huw - you’re such a gentleman… :blush:

image https://forum.saysomethingin.com/uploads/default/original/2X/4/4b55107f755a5fcebe74fecc3ed84638aaa3f92f.jpeg

Rocked it yourself quite a bit, didn’t you? You look as though you’ve stepped straight off the set of Jesus Christ, Superstar!

3 Likes

Or Hair…

1 Like

That’s why I only showed my head :wink: