Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five - 15/06/2018

I don’t really eat egg any more but I usually put the beans over everything on the plate. Lovely.

Please come and stay with me - I’ll take you to my wonderful friend, The Osteopath.
Unless you’re chicken?

1. Where was the last place you travelled any great distance to and what was the worst and best thing about that trip?

New Zealand. Best:- Watched my sister get married in her own back garden. Worst:- Coming home.

1. What do you believe in?

Love.

1. Your ideal bumper sticker would say…?

Hello if you know me.
Greetings if you don’t.

1. What are you most likely to be arrested for and who would bail you out?

Sinning. Jesus.
And He already has :slight_smile:

1. What habits or behaviours do you engage in which you may be considered too young or old for?

I’m probably too old to have so many gadgets in the house. And I’m definitely too young to be this…umm…this…umm…forgetful…!!

Chances are I’m too old to still be picking my nose.

And because I love your contributions…

1. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it!

What weekend course have you been on recently that you recommend?
“About Welsh” with Harriet Earis in charge, at Plas Tan Y Bwlch, Maentwrog. Wholly absorbing, Harriet is a talented musician, the Plas serves excellent food and I’m glad I’m not late for breakfast this morning. Oh, and Dee is here! :grinning: (I know what I’d like from Father Christmas this year - enough Welsh Literature books to fill a library and a year off!)

1 Like

Excellent question, only one answer, all of them!

1 Like

Chippy chips sprinkled with salt, but NO vinegar EVER. Then one small pot of peas on the side and one small pot of gravy on the side for dipping . Therefore you can satisfy your palette with three different delights as you desire - plain salted/plain salted dipped in gravy/plain salted dipped in peas. Crispy bits of chips should always be left till the very end and enjoyed on their own and possible washed down with a very cold blonde beer. Beans are for cooked breakfasts. “Curry” sauce should be used to frighten away unwanted visitors so you can enjoy your dinner in peace. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

1) Where was the last place you travelled any great distance to and what was the worst and best thing about that trip?

A May bank holiday road trip from North Wales to Kent last year to attend a family wedding.

The worst - being on the road with two kids for twelve hours and hitting the M25 on a bank holiday Friday evening - I had prepared food, snacks, drinks, treats, books, games, music, films and comfort giving soft things like a pro, as well as cleaning the car like a demented obsessive compulsive mad woman. But it was no match for 12 hours in the car amongst holiday traffic in hot weather with a 6 and 8 year old.

The best - spending a long, joyous, soul feeding, love affirming, memory making weekend with precious family.

2) What do you believe in?

The powers of the universe, the energy of nature, love and the virtues of humanity.

3) Your ideal bumper sticker would say…?

I used to have one by Henry David Thoreau which said, “I am a mystic, a transcendentalist, and a natural philosopher to boot” and I thought it suited me just fine.

I am also tempted to have one in very small text which says, “If you can read this then you’re a [EXPLETIVE DELETED]”.

4) What are you most likely to be arrested for and who would bail you out?

Refusing to leave the karaoke after closing time. If my husband was too embarrassed, then I’m sure Barbara Streisand would bail me out.

5) What habits or behaviours do you engage in which you may be considered too young or old for?

Old - see above.
Young - the occasional socked and sandaled foot (about the house). A cupboard full of menopause supplements (bracing myself). The love of a good brandy on a winter’s night.

6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it!

See above… :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

If Aran ever needs grounds for divorce in a hurry, it’s right there in black and white. :wink:

1 Like

1) Where was the last place you travelled any great distance to and what was the worst and best thing about that trip?

This was about 35 years ago, but… I drove from Los Angeles to Lafayette, Louisiana, about 2/3 of the way across the U.S.

Best thing: really, really good food, especially seafood. And deep-fried dill pickles! Besides, a 50-lb bag of crawfish costs next to nothing.

Worst thing: I was an idiot and bought a house in a tiny swamp town about 20 miles out of Lafayette called Butte La Rose. It was a miserable place to live — I’m quite reclusive, and you can’t live in a place where everyone demands to know your business — and it took me forever to sell. Frankly, I would have given the house away by the time I managed to get out of there.

Besides, the bugs there are huge, scary, and horrendous.

2) What do you believe in?

That if you haven’t grown up by the age of 50, you don’t have to… and I passed that deadline long ago.

3) Your ideal bumper sticker would say…?

At this point in history, it would say exactly what Robert de Niro said at the Tony Awards, which I can’t repeat here. Go look it up on YouTube. I’m as fed up as he is. Of course, it would probably get rocks thrown at my car if I drove into the wrong neighborhood.

4) What are you most likely to be arrested for and who would bail you out?

I don’t go out often enough to get arrested, and I quit any illegal behavior (ahem, ahem) awhile ago because the munchies made me gain a huge amount of weight.

Besides, I don’t know anyone who’d bail me out, so I can’t take the chance.

5) What habits or behaviours do you engage in which you may be considered too young or old for?

Too old (according to other people):

Writing fanfic. I think I’m the oldest person on AO3 (Archive Of Our Own). Although personally, I don’t think I’m too old for it; writing is writing.

I also collect stuffed animals. I’m partial to Squishables and have great piles of them, including a red dragon.

And because I love your contributions…

6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it!

What’s the wackiest-looking thing you own?

A hot pink polymer clay fellow called Sid the Fairy Godfather. He’s shaped like a horizontal hot dog, has glow-in-the-dark teeth and wings, purple feet, and he’s in a perpetually crabby mood. Oh wait… here’s a picture of him!

:grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

and a natural philosopher to boot

I knew we were kindred spirits. I have a degree in Natural Philosophy from the mediaeval university of Aberdeen. I much prefer to think of myself as a Natural Philosopher than a Physicist. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’d love to give you about 15 “likes” for this alone, but I’m afraid I cannot like a post that condemns vinegar quite so heartily. I can still like the awdures though. :slight_smile: - “Like”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would agree with you on both counts but then we’d both be wrong. :joy:

Our “go to” chippy doubles as an excellent Chinese take away and their curry sauce is wonderful. Not a stray piece of dried fruit in sight and a healthy amount of spice to boot.

1 Like