Sut mae pawb heddiw? / How is everyone today?
Da iawn, diolch, a chdi hefyd, gobeithio.
1) It’s Friday the 13th! Are you superstitious in any way at all? Do you have any silly superstitious rituals or habits?
I have almost completely eliminated superstition from my psyche, and with a bit of luck, it will have been completely eradicated in a few year’s time.
Seriously, although in my conscious, rational mind, I am not superstitious, I still get a few small shivers when I see a Friday 13th come along. I have one or two other foibles, which I won’t bore you with / embarass myself by mentioning…
2) What’s the scariest (made up not reality) thing you’ve ever watched on a screen?
At the time, it was probably “Alien”. More recently, I saw a sort of sci-fi dystopian film in which Earth had been dominated by very scary aliens who detected humans and immediately killed them by having superpower hearing, so the few survivors had to go about completely silently. Very, very scary. It even has “Alien” beat.
3) A large, unruly, ochre and rather unsavoury monster is about to invade your land, do you -
Go in to hiding?
Create a petitions and plackards and take to the streets in protest?
Create and burn an effigy of it?
Build a wall around your borders?
Make a voodoo doll of it?
All of the above?
I see what you did here. Definitely something else…
4) What personal steps do you take in life to defy and combat the bad, hateful, negative and destructive elements of the world around us?
Attempt to change the things that I think can, just might, be changed for the better, and over which I might have some influence, however tiny.
5) I’m having a Friday the 13th themed party. You have to come and you have to come in character - who do you come as and what do you bring to the festivities?
Can I not just come for the booze…? Oh, well, if you insist…Wasn’t there a handsome one in The Adams Family? I know it’s a stretch, but I’d come as him.
6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it!
What’s the nicest thing you’ve done so far today?
Cuddling my grandson, and especially making him laugh with “round and round the garden”. A few months ago, that didn’t do anything for him. Now he’s a mass of giggles with it. It’s so lovely to watch them develop.