3) One of my worst fears is…

4) At the moment I’m hoping for…

5) I’m really quite excited about…

1. I believe in humour is the best medicine

2. I’m insanely intolerant of litter

3. One of my worst fears is crowds.

4. I’m hoping for things to calm down in the middle east

5. I’m excited about the next season of Doctor Who

On point 2, a lot of councils now have an app, or at least at website where you can report litter, fly tipping and grafitti. If it’s on public land they will clean it up.

It’s been shown that less mess reduces crime and makes others less likely to litter.

Soap box now put back under desk.

Also to clarify point 1.

a) I’m not a doctor (nor do I play one on TV)

b) If symptons persist, see your GP

1. I believe in Germany becoming the world champion

2. I’m quite intollerant of our current government

3. One of my worst fears is poverty

4. At the moment I’m hoping for Holland beating Brazil for third place in the World Cup

5. I’m really quite excited about the possibility of adding a new language to SSi

1. I’m really quite excited about the possibility of adding a new language to SSi

I’d love it to be German, but yeah, I’m excited about that too

1. I believe in love that gets you out of bed in the morning

2. I’m quite (!) intolerant of institutionalised racism and fear passing as nationalism and security. (@Louis: snap)

3. one of my worst fears is giving up too soon

4. at the moment I’m hoping for a relaxing and interest filled weekend (@Ian LOVE your hope)

5. I’m really quite excited about my tax return!

1) I believe in…

…the joy and beauty of learning, and the limitless potential of children.

2) I’m quite intolerant of…

…litter, and the young thug who tried to run my family down in the middle of Pwllheli this morning. Ian, tell me where the barricades are and I’ll see you there…:smile:

…anything bad happening to my children.

…a sustainable approach to promoting our Spanish course.

…the algorithm, spending a month in Cardiff as a visiting scholar early next year, brain plasticity, Angharad Lliar’s experiments with micro-meditation as an emotional control, the possibility of Beuno sleeping all night before he’s a teenager, Jeff’s battles with Amazon to get SaySomethinginSpanish on Audible.com, the changes Ifan will make to the forum in the next couple of months, testing our 2 day intensive shock therapy with live volunteers, Catrin’s new approach to Sunday breakfasts, and neuroscientific developments in the field of memory.

1) I believe in…
…something I’m sure. What exactly it is that I believe in is rather uncertain at the moment. Can I get back to you on this one???

2) I’m quite intollerant of…
…inconsiderate drivers. Be it when they’re actually driving or have parked badly/lazily. This is especially true with drivers who take unnecessary (and often dangerous) risks. As a biker and a bus driver I see a lot of it. I’ll stop there though as I’ll end up in a rant that will be unsuitable for such a friendly forum!

…being alone. I love my time to myself, but I wouldn’t want that to be a permanent thing though.

…enough money to buy a new car before Christmas, so I can keep all my NCB’s and stop needing to use hire cars. Just need to work more and get distracted less (ie pub!).

…very little at the moment, but I was very excited (and nervous) about the last bootcamp. Can’t believe it finished nearly 2 weeks ago, the week went so fast! I just hope I can go to another one next year when (hopefully) my spoken Welsh will be much better!

I believe in…

“Always giving everything my best shot and treating others as I would like to be treated.” I had had these two ‘rules’ drummed into me on a daily basis when I was a child.

I’m quite intolerant of …

Bad Manners

One of my worst fears is…

Loosing one of my children or my wife.

At the moment I’m hoping for…

My brother to get well and to be able to be happy again. I have also asked the Inland Revenue to revue my tax because there is a mistake somewhere. I am hoping for a rebate :slight_smile: Also, good weather for Bootcamp…

I’m really quite excited about…

School breaking up, going on Bootcamp on 26th, spending a couple of weeks in our caravan.

1. I believe in… doing what I say I’m going to do.

2. I’m quite intolerant of…People who don’t! Two people cancelled this week, twice each, at the last minute, which meant I couldn’t fit in the other things I would have done with the time now available.

3. One of my worst fears is…My son coming home from university without a job. I can see him playing computer games for the next 30 years if he does so.

4. At the moment I’m hoping for…some decent weather so I can go out for a run in the dry and not the wet. Wales has it’s down sides as well.

5. I’m really quite excited about…Spending a fortnight in Cardiff from Monday and being able to meet up with some June Bootcampers at the Mochyn Du.

1) I believe in…

“I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows …”. :slight_smile:

2) I’m quite intolerant of…

Too many things. I have to work on my tolerance.

Losing my marbles. (I have an important match coming up…).

Rapid and miraculous improvement in the health of a friend of mine.

5) I’m really quite excited about.

A short trip to North Wales at the end of next week. I hope the weather cooperates.

1. I believe in… trying everything once.

2. I’m quite intolerant of… entrenched thinking.

3. One of my worst fears is… not being able to provide for my family.

4. At the moment I’m hoping for… an epiphany to break through a log jam.

5. I’m really quite excited about… the next series of Doctor Who.

I believe in anything as long as there is sufficiently-compelling evidence for its existence.

I’m quite intolerant of people who stand still on escalators, two abreast, without stopping to consider whether someone behind might want to get past.

One of my worst fears is being buried alive (or any similar trapped-in-a-small-space scenario).

At the moment I’m hoping for the packing and cleaning of this room to be over soon!

I’m really quite excited about heading to the UK on Tuesday…

I believe in some things that I cannot see, and that there isn’t much evidence for; as it makes the world a more magical place for me to live in (now where did I put my wand…?)

I’m intolerant of waste in all it’s many forms (but I’m also a hypocrite, as I just chucked some leftovers into the food bin that had been in the fridge since…erm…let’s just say, not edible)

One of my worst fears is something bad happening to my nearest and dearest.

At the moment I’m hoping for enough energy to do everything I need to do this week before going on our hols.

I’m really quite excited about spending a whole week with my beloved sister…woo hooo!!